DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directv told me to "Reset Everything" in order to stop the issue with a black screen (lost picture) and usually lost audio at the same time. This happens about halfway through a recorded one hour show on locals. As others have experienced. So anyone out there had this issue resolved when resetting everything? I told the guy that isn't it really a software issue? He claimed to do this anyway, but I'm doubting whether it will stop anything.

· Godfather
425 Posts
I do not know if it works for all models, but I was having this issue with my R15-300 and the reset everything fixed it.

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear. Maybe it will work better then. Mine is an R15-500. I was beginning to doubt whether I could rely on the thing anymore. It would do it about 1 in 20 or so times, and of course on the shows that are more of my favorites. I missed the last half of "The Office" this week. Has anyone else had the problem on non-local channels? It's only been on locals for me, but that could have been a coincidence. I've never had the problem on one time recordings either. Only series links.

· Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
I have experienced the problem three times recording the Tonight Show on my local NBC channel. I record it on two DVRs, and the problem has only occurred on one of them (the same one). I have done everything short of a reformat on this particular DVR without correcting it (regular resets, software downloads).

I'm trying to find additional information about this. If I do, I will let you know.

Carl

· Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I had one black screen recording that I could not view no matter what I tried. I ended up just deleting it.

Usually I can just stop and restart, or jump around, turn it off and on but nothing worked.

· Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
"Reset Everything" may fix the problem .... but it will eventually come back. Fundamentally, this is a software problem, so until DTV fixes the software, the problem won't go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.