DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Model 4000 receiver that I tried hooking up, but it is not working for me. I have two dishes, one pointed towards 148 and the other getting 119 and 110.

Will the Model 4000 work with these two dishes?

I seem to be going in circles with the software. At times I can get it to lock on all three signals. I have done the check switch test and at times it shows 148 and either 110 or 119 (don't recall which) and at other times it sees 110 and 119. Sometimes it can't see any channels, other times lots of them.

My guess is the switch is not working correctly with the extra dish at 148 and the Model 4000.

Can anyone give me guidance or enlighten me on what the issues are? I imagine that the switch actually picks which LNB to send through and may be getting confused?

Thanks for your help.

-William

· Banned
3,068 Posts
Call E and complain!!!! The installer should of installed the proper switch. Did you pay for the switch?

You might suggest they replace your 4000 with a refurbished 4900. This would save a installer trip, and cost of a sw64. You would get a newer nicer IR friendly receiver too.

If the first CSR doesnt help you out hang up and try again, or send a email to Charlie.

E messed up...

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Haller
You might suggest they replace your 4000 with a refurbished 4900. This would save a installer trip, and cost of a sw64. You would get a newer nicer IR friendly receiver too.
Ditto to that. While the 4000 was a State of the Art Reciever 4+ years ago, the limit of UHF only Remote (can't use 3rd party remote) Low Memory issues, etc..., etc makes it a not so pleasant experience these days. A while back I swapped out my two model 4000 for a 4700/4900 and a 301 and never looked back. If you have no need for Digital Dolby or more than 1 set of RCA outputs maybe swapping out the 4000 for a 301 may be a better choice since you are falling into the "Current Production Run of Recievers" and thus would have less issues (If the 301 had been out 4 years ago, it would have been my perfect match :) ).

· Icon
955 Posts
William,

It sounds like they hooked you up to the 2nd dish by cascading SW-21 switches with the TWIN on your Dish500.

Early model rcvrs such as the 3000 & 4000 just do not work consistently with this installation as you have discovered. They are capable of working with a SW-64 but they do not "recognize" a TWIN/SW-21 properly so they only work intermittently that way.

I think you have a legitamite "beef" with DISH here if they did the install on the 2nd dish for free deal. I would ask them to either upgrade your 4000 or provide a SW-64 if that's how you got the dish for 148.

If you bought the dish yourself for some other reason it's up to you to pay the difference.

· Legend
133 Posts
I had Dish upgrade me for the extra locals and they added in an SW64 to replace a pair of SW21s. Works fine with my 4000 and 7200. The installers seemed to be more worried about the DP than the 4000. If you got the locals upgrade they gave you the wrong equipment.;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.