DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I start D* service with two SD receivers and two SD DVRs, and then in 9 months want to upgrade to an HD receiver or DVR, am I subject to any penalties or early termination fees on the returned equipment?

I called D* asking the above question and they said "all that it will cost you to switch from the SD system you start with to HD is the $100 up-front fee for the receiver and/or $300 for the DVR, and this will get you the new set-top equipment and installation of a new HD dish." True?

I'm hesitant about starting with HD because the posts in this forum about the HD DVR indicate numerous problems. I figure their SD equipment is relatively bug-free.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
No... there wouldn't be a penalty if you continue your service with DirecTV

· Legend
147 Posts
timmy2 said:
I'm hesitant about starting with HD because the posts in this forum about the HD DVR indicate numerous problems. I figure their SD equipment is relatively bug-free.
debatable on the SD-DVR (R-15). Some people have been relatively problem free, others have been loaded down with problems. Same thing seems to be going on with the HD-DVR, some have tons of problems, others are problem free. The HD-DVR is just the one getting all the attention right now (from users, with software updates, etc)

· Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
timmy2 said:
If I start D* service with two SD receivers and two SD DVRs, and then in 9 months want to upgrade to an HD receiver or DVR, am I subject to any penalties or early termination fees on the returned equipment?
Early Termination only applies if you cancel your account - as long as you have receivers active and subscribe to minimum package requirements, no ETF.

If you switch from SD equipment to HD equipment and will not be using the SD anymore, you will need to return it or face a "Non-Return Fee". But no ETF as long as you're still getting service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.