DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
139 Posts
btmoore said:
If it was an encoding problem, it would be repeatable because the stream would be stored as corrupted on the disk, GIGO.

The reason it is the HR20 is because turning DD off and then back on fixed the problem. This means that the DD stream on the disk is good and somthing in the HR20 system is getting confused and assigning the wrong DD channel to the wrong speakers.

Get it, it is not the encoding, the exact same recording did work just by turning on, off and back on the dolby digital in the HR20.
If the problem goes away when you toggle DD on and off, the next time you come across this issue please do me a favor and try hitting one of the trickplay buttons- pause or the 2-6 second jumpback button. If it 'fixes' the sound the same as toggling DD on/off then we can definitely say this is a bug. I'm tracking a series of DD bugs that were introduced by the D8 patch but so far they've just been confined to the Mpeg2 channels- if the 'trickplay fix' works then the bug is more widespread then I first thought.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.