DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 622 about a month now and i have expieriencing daily dropouts through the optical digital audio output. Without fail at least once a day the audio will start to drop out through the digital output but will be fine from the analog RCA ports. I have to do a reboot (holding power till reboot) to fix the issue, only to have it return later in the day. I have tried changing the settings in the Dolby Digital menu but no change and my decoder/receiver works fine with other sources so i ruled out that problem. I am getting a new unit shortly, but is this a universal problem? Otherwise the 622 is great. Coming from a Replay 5040 I wish it was able to network the unit to my computer and had the commercial advance feature, but i'm happy otherwise.

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I've seen this happen several times recently myself, but usually I can get the optical audio back by skipping back a few times. I've reported it through beta channels.

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Is the drop out very intermittent? I get this from time to time and mainly see it on Dish HD locals though I do also see it on HDNet during "Nothing but Trailers" alot. My receiver toggles between PCM and DD 5.1 when I this happen. THe audio loss is short and usually get a few at the same time.

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, once they start it will happen approx every 5-10 seconds and will occur on any channel that has a digital audio signal. The only way to get rid of it is a soft boot, but always returns eventually. My receiver stays a solid Dolby Digital. I have tried setting the 622 to Dolby Digital only but it makes no difference.

· Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I installed a new 622 replacement unit and unfortunately the same digital audio problem is present (numerous Digital audio dropouts until soft reboot). Leads me to believe it's a software issue. I hope it will taken care of soon cause it makes watching HD much less enjoyable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.