DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** I did hours of research and due diligence before posting.

I have a DECABB1R0 (Black BB DECA) in my office next to my router. In my living room the coax plugs directly into my HR-24 with MRV. Yesterday I purchased a green-label SWM (splitter) so that I could send 1 line into the HR-24 and the second into another DECABB1R0 and then into a switch so I could plug in some other components.

All the setups I've seen use a DECA1MR01 (white) on the receiver side with a PI. Is my logic flawed that a DECA is a DECA. Black or white they do the same thing and rather than buying a DECA1MR01 with a PI I can just buy a second DECABB1R0 for the receiver/split side?

Thanks in advance and please forgive me if I messed up the terminology. I'm new to the whole satellite world (about 6 hours).

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your reply.

VeryOldSchool thank you for all your posts. Last night I read thread after thread in an attempt to understand my options and VeryOldSchool was in most of them. I appreciate your commitment to the community.

For the sake of people who may search this in the future let me repeat.

A Deca is a Deca....white or black they are the same. The black DECA's come with power where the white ones may need a PI if not powered by the receiver. The new HR-24's have built in DECA's. If you want to put a switch by your TV so you can plug devices into the internet you'll need to get a green label splitter (SWM). One wire from the splitter will go directly into your HR24 (then you're all set for TV). The second wire will go into your DECA device (white with PI or the Black Deca). From there you will have an ethernet cable to with as you would like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.