DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
My 301's P156 got alot of "No Info" when browsing the next show, hopefully that fixes it???

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope I still get a lot of "No Info Available" with P157. I thought 157 was for DISH home but it wasn't

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Word is P170 is Dish Home. So P157P must be a fix for 156P. Althought it is nice to not be able to pick up on what was wrong in the first place. I used to get the No Info all the time on my Model 4000 and 4700/4900 so the same problem on the 301 is just "The Usual" :D

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Now, if they can fix the caching problems with the program guide. Right now, it will only store an hours worth of progam guide, even though the EKB says that the non-PVR receivers should hold 46 hours.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
That isn't a bug, that is the way it was designed to work. 46 hours is what is on the Datastream for access, dosen't mean it is instantly accessed. A hard drive or a redesign of how the guides work would be required (I assume giving up backward compatility with older recievers would be needed). And then how much could be filled into the guide with the amount of available RAM?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
I do my long term searching via my SA TiVo, by the time I'm upstairs with the 301, I'm only concerned about the next 1-2 hours so won't search beyond what is in the guide. But I do get annoyed with the 30 second delay to get the PIP part of the Guide working.

·
Legend/Supporter
242 Posts
Dallas, TX--I received P157 on one of my three 301's today. It added 6 additional local channels. Each of the new channels gives the message that I need 2nd dish for free to receive. I called to order the 2nd disk. They scheduled me Monday for install.

My understanding is that the roll out of P157 is based on serial numbers of receiver.

All three of my receivers were activated on the same day in May. the one that got the P157 has the highest Receiver ID but the lowest Smart Card ID.

Based on this it appears to be the Smart Card ID. Is this correct?

·
AllStar/Supporter
44 Posts
Originally posted by Z'Loth
Now, if they can fix the caching problems with the program guide. Right now, it will only store an hours worth of progam guide, even though the EKB says that the non-PVR receivers should hold 46 hours.
This appears to be by design. My 5000 and 2800 both will only show the current show and the next show on any given channel until I activate the guide and the downloading begins. Because they can only see data on the transponder I am watching, I think that Dish transmits current+next data for the entire guide on all transponders to allow for browsing. I have noticed that when I watch A&E or The History Channel (both on the same transponder as the 44hr program guide) my 2800 will have the full guide filled in when I switch to it, otherwise it only has current+next times and gradually fills in the rest. I think my 5000 can't do this because it is older.

Comments anyone? Or am I crazy? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.