Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Question i have a 311 with 2 inputs comming from a DP34 switch i want to free up a input bacause i adding a vip622 and vip211 to the mix can i use the Input Separator with a 34 switch on my 311? I'm trying not to buy a 44 switch after dropping over $600 on the 2 VIP recievers.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
No, the seperator only (currently) works with the DPP44 switch. There's supposed to be a DPP33 switch out shortly that will replace the DP34 that will work with the seperator, but I haven't seen one yet. With the DP34, you have to run 2 cables from the switch to a 622.

·
Legend
212 Posts
Your question is a little confusing. A 311 is a single tuner, so it only has one input. So, if you want to have a 311, 622 and a 211, you can use your existing DP34 switch.

However...
If you actually have a 322 (dual tuner), then you would need a DPP44 (or another DP34).

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the confusion i ment a 322 and i wanted to us the Input Separator that came with the box to run one line from a 34 switch to the separator and in the dual inputs on the back of the box

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Mark Lamutt said:
No, the seperator only (currently) works with the DPP44 switch. There's supposed to be a DPP33 switch out shortly that will replace the DP34 that will work with the seperator, but I haven't seen one yet. With the DP34, you have to run 2 cables from the switch to a 622.
Mark,

I'm confused. We have a 942 and a 622, each with one coax feed to a separator, and we do not have a DPP44.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
boba said:
For that setup you must have a Dish Pro Plus Twin which is maxed out with 2 dual tuner receivers.:)
Good point. I guess the best way to put it would be you can only use DishProPlus (DPP) seperators with other DPP equipment. At this moment it would be the DPPTwin LNBF or the DPP44 Switch. As future DPP equipment is released, i.e. DPP33 switch you'll be able to use them for that as well.

DishPro (DP) equipment can not be directly connected to a DPP Seperator, however, if you have DP LNBFs plugging into a DPP Switch then you are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.