DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm not asking a redundant type of question?

I have a DPP 44 Switch

It is connected to a 721 and a VIP 622 with a separator on both. That consumes two feed off of the switch.

Next is a 501 that takes the third.

I have a spare (4th) feed from the switch left over from when it was a Dp 34 previously. Can I hook up a Dishplayer 7100 to that without a legacy adapter?

I'm seeing ambiguous information. What I see says the 7100 will see the the DPP 44 as a SW64. Then I see:
up to four single tuner DP receivers.
Up to two Dual Tuner Receivers
Up to four Dish Pro Plus receivers when each is used with a seperator

Then I also see 7110 can hook up to ports 1, 2, or 3. Not port 4

Will this all work together trouble free? I may replace the 501 down the road.

Before anybody asks, I like my Dishplayer, always did. I have it modded where it is quiet and cool running. All that took was replacing the stock old drive with a new Laptop (2.5") drive that runs quiet and cool and reduces the load on the power supply. I'm thinking of using it along with the 622 as an overflow receiver in case 3 things air at once that I want to record.

Cheers and Thanks

BTW I tried to find anything on the DPP 44 on www.dishnetwork.com

What a waste as a website!

Roger T

·
Super Moderator
10,082 Posts
TBoneit said:
Can I hook up a Dishplayer 7100 to that without a legacy adapter?
The DPP44 has a built in Legacy adapter.

TBoneit said:
Then I also see 7110 can hook up to ports 1, 2, or 3. Not port 4
AFAIK the only Legacy (4 digit model number) E* receiver that can see the forth sat feed port of the DPP44 is the 6000u. This is why Dish recommends using the 4th sat in port for FSS which you may or may not have. You may also have to check Alternate and/or SuperDish in you switch config menu.

The rest of your post I will not address as it is not discussion material we allow on this website.

Regards,
Jason

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
I recently did a similar upgrade (DPP44 to 921, 622, 7100). After dozens of check switch attempts on the 7100 either outright failing or properly showing an SW64 but with the wrong sat connections, I reactivated a 501 in its place. The local installer had warned me it probably wouldn't work even though it supposedly should. He says he actually refuses service calls where the only problem is with a DISHPlayer.

The DISH Tech Portal has good info. Pick a receiver, then you can expand the menu options in the left column.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info

Jason Nipp: I was reading what I had seen wrong then, I thought they ment the ports that feed into the house not the ones that the dishes hook up to. I'm only running two dishes with three locations a D500 and actually another D500 with a twin that E* put up that is only used for 61.5

Upgrading the drive on a Dishplayer is not allowed discussion? All it takes is to change the drive and let it dial in and download the software. No hacking of the rest of the hardware and none of the software. No Hacking needed as would be the case with other e* DVRs as I understand them to be anyway. That type of headache is why I keep their montly fee warranty on all the equipment here. In the case of the 7100 who would want it with only a 8Gig drive? AFAIK the Only DVR series from E* that doesn't marry the drive is the 7x00 line.

AFAIK the 7100/7200 are the only E* DVRs that you could change a hard drive as easy as putting it in and letting it dial out to download the software from Microsofts servers, or maybe it was the Web TV servers.

The drives aren't married or anything. A person could in theory have a shelf full of DP drives sorted by genre.

I do not think and can not conceive that changing it to be quiet and cool running and use less energy too is against rules here or anywhere. If I'm wrong, oops and sorry. But in that case describing how I made it run cool seems no different from others talking about how they made their 622s run cooler.

Since E* is here at least once a year changing switches in the past, Sw64's. Any guesses how well the DPP44 will hold up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.