DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone...

OK...I got a new VIP 622. I am running a dish 500 dish with a twin DPP LNB for 110 and 119. I am running another dish 500 with one DPP LNB to get 61.5. Before I got my DPP SW44 I was running 110 and 119 into input 1 & 2 of a SW21 and the output of that into input 1 of another SW21, then I took 61.5 and put it into input 2 of the 2nd Sw21. I then took the output of the 2nd SW21 put it into input 1 on my VIP 622. As crazy as it sounds...after a check switch, the receiver recognized all three satellites on input 1 and it worked fine.

Then I bought the DPP SW44.
I took 110 and ran it into TO DISH 1 on left side of SW44
I took 119 and ran it into TO DISH 2 on left side of SW44
I took 61.5 and ran it into TO DISH 3 on left side of SW44
I left TO DISH 4 capped.

I connected the power inserter to the TO POWER INSERTER 1 on the bottom of SW44
I then ran a cable from TO RECEIVER SATELLITE IN 2 to a DPP Seperator and then into Input 1 and 2 on the back of my receiver.
I ran through the 14 step procedure to clear the switch (found in this forum) 4 x

When I run checkswitch, it is recognizing the DPP SW44 on both input 1 and input 2 BUT...it is only showing 61.5 on DISH 4 input, which it isn't even connected to.

Now it gets even crazier...I have gotten a whole new DPP SW44 and new power inserter from Dish Network and have the same problem with both switches.

I have tried both switches with 2 different VIP 622 receivers and have the same problem with both receivers.

I am under the 200 ft cable length...and the check switch works fine when I use the old SW21 combination...BUT...I want to be able to have multiple Satellite outputs.

CAN ANYONE SEE ANYTHING THAT I AM MISSING???? Please HELP!!!!

Thanks...Geoff

·
Godfather
455 Posts
macckker said:
Hi Everyone...

OK...I got a new VIP 622. I am running a dish 500 dish with a twin DPP LNB for 110 and 119. I am running another dish 500 with one DPP LNB to get 61.5. Before I got my DPP SW44 I was running 110 and 119 into input 1 & 2 of a SW21 and the output of that into input 1 of another SW21, then I took 61.5 and put it into input 2 of the 2nd Sw21. I then took the output of the 2nd SW21 put it into input 1 on my VIP 622. As crazy as it sounds...after a check switch, the receiver recognized all three satellites on input 1 and it worked fine.

Then I bought the DPP SW44.
I took 110 and ran it into TO DISH 1 on left side of SW44
I took 119 and ran it into TO DISH 2 on left side of SW44
I took 61.5 and ran it into TO DISH 3 on left side of SW44
I left TO DISH 4 capped.

I connected the power inserter to the TO POWER INSERTER 1 on the bottom of SW44
I then ran a cable from TO RECEIVER SATELLITE IN 2 to a DPP Seperator and then into Input 1 and 2 on the back of my receiver.
I ran through the 14 step procedure to clear the switch (found in this forum) 4 x

When I run checkswitch, it is recognizing the DPP SW44 on both input 1 and input 2 BUT...it is only showing 61.5 on DISH 4 input, which it isn't even connected to.

Now it gets even crazier...I have gotten a whole new DPP SW44 and new power inserter from Dish Network and have the same problem with both switches.

I have tried both switches with 2 different VIP 622 receivers and have the same problem with both receivers.

I am under the 200 ft cable length...and the check switch works fine when I use the old SW21 combination...BUT...I want to be able to have multiple Satellite outputs.

CAN ANYONE SEE ANYTHING THAT I AM MISSING???? Please HELP!!!!

Thanks...Geoff
We are talking about a DPP44 switch right? I'm seeing the term SW44 and its a bit confusing. I also see where you mention a SW21.

Also, are you using RG6 cable? I've attached an image of my current setup to maybe assist.

Attachments

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SMMosher...Thanks For Replying

Yes I am using RG6 cable that is rated as Dish specifies. Yes it is a DPP SW44 Model 121252. I only mentioned the legacy SW21's because that is what I was using before I got the DPP SW44 and they worked fine (but they only let me use 1 receiver), that is why I bought the DPP SW44. It is really nuts...I am 99% sure I have set the thing up right?? But nothing I do makes the setup work with the DPP SW44.

·
Godfather
455 Posts
macckker said:
Hi SMMosher...Thanks For Replying

Yes I am using RG6 cable that is rated as Dish specifies. Yes it is a DPP SW44 Model 121252. I only mentioned the legacy SW21's because that is what I was using before I got the DPP SW44 and they worked fine (but they only let me use 1 receiver), that is why I bought the DPP SW44. It is really nuts...I am 99% sure I have set the thing up right?? But nothing I do makes the setup work with the DPP SW44.
And we're sure all LNBs are DishPro?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mosher...

Well since you asked...I went outside in the freezing cold with a big flashlight...and sure enough...they both say Dish Pro...BUT NOT Dish Pro Plus, which I am guessing is a problem. I went online and found a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB that will allow me to connect my 61.5 to it. Thanks For Helping Me think my way through it...I will let you know how I make out!! Geoff

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
The DPP44 can be fed by regular DP LNBs. There really isn't a DPP LNB as DishPro Plus is a function of the switch. So 110/119 can come from 2 DP Duals, a DP Twin, or a DPP Twin.

Now that you're getting a DPP Twin (guessing you were mistaken in post #1?) and (if I'm reading right) have only the 1 receiver, or maybe 2, you can return or sell the more expensive DPP44.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
First stupid question - you plugged the power inserter into a wall outlet, didn't you?

Try swapping the 110 and 119 cables and run the checkswich again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.