DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I've had issues with losing satellites 1 and 2 of my 3 satellite system - Dish 500 for 110 & 119 and a second dish for 129. The last 2 times, I was able to leave the DPP44 unplugged for about an hour, reconnect the power inserter, rerun check switch, and then all was fine. Prior, it was almost a month between issues but now it's happening about every 5 days. Does this sound like an issue with the DPP44 or is there something else I should check?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,143 Posts
It sounds like all satellites are affected. It may be worth while to check your connections from the receiver, to the insertor to the switch. If a center conductor is dirty or is poorly connected, this can and will cause intermittent problems. You should ensure that the connections and cables are sound then see if the problem continues.

·
Icon
546 Posts
KWB3 said:
Recently, I've had issues with losing satellites 1 and 2 of my 3 satellite system - Dish 500 for 110 & 119 and a second dish for 129. The last 2 times, I was able to leave the DPP44 unplugged for about an hour, reconnect the power inserter, rerun check switch, and then all was fine. Prior, it was almost a month between issues but now it's happening about every 5 days. Does this sound like an issue with the DPP44 or is there something else I should check?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Generally speaking when issues with your satellite signal arise out of the blue and continue intermittently, popping on then off again, the issue is the LNB. For some reason, this year I've replaced numerous LNB's losing signal intermittently, or on one satellite only, or not passing signal through one port, or konking out entirely. Rarely is the issue the DP44 or the rcvr, although not impossible.
The next time everything goes out, try swapping your sat inputs on the DP44 to different ports. If the problems continue to the new ports, most likely it's your LNB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.