DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Icon
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got 771 on all the recievers, no weather or obstructions. Ran the test came back 41-xxx on all three. Service call can't get here till Sunday. LNB, alignment or other? Dtv did the install of the new dish with swm in 2009. I think it would be odd for an lnb fail. Is there a different error code for lnb fail? Just want to know how much of my Sunday just got blown.

· Legend
244 Posts
Look at the error of your hd or hddvrs (don't look at a standard cuz it always gives 771)
If its 771A then its problem communicating with dish which is either bad connector, bad power supply, bad cable, bad lnb, water in the line, broken cable or something like that. Relatively easy for a tech to troubleshoot
If its 771 searching for satellite signal, then all your connections are fine, and the dish just got knocked out of alignment. Even easier to fix

7 Posts
I had the same thing happen. Turned out for me water built up behind the LNb cover. I think a sprinkler was hitting it at a weird angle. I punched a small hole in that water drained and 100% signal came back. Long shot but give it a look.

· Icon
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's two stories off the ground. No weather. Still no signal. To add to the fun, phone and internet is also down right now. Some drunk whipped out the comm box up the street. Local phone and cable co peeps are up there now trying to get things back. Epic technology fail. Still have my smart phone for now... it'll be next....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.