DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having gotten tired of all of R15 issues, I am ready to switch back to my old DSR704R. It has two input jacks in the back. Will it let me see one and record another like R15 (when it works once in a while) does? Any other issues that I should be worried about?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Snehal

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
1. Yes. With two satellite feeds you can use both tuners, just like the R15. Some people prefer the Tivo dual buffers to the R15's single buffer because you can watch two Live channels and switch back & forth more conveniently than the R15.

2. Have you kept your DSR704 active? If not, how long has it been inactive? You'll need to call DirecTV to reactivate it on your account.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2. Have you kept your DSR704 active? If not, how long has it been inactive? You'll need to call DirecTV to reactivate it on your account.
Yeah, we are going to have to call DTV, tell them to take their R15 back and activate this one. We are not active on that one. Any issues with that?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wolffpack said:
You shouldn't run into any problems.
So one thing that I am curious about is that where would Tivo service come from?Would it be just added to my DTV bill? Also, I forgot what I had done before, but do I need a phone line?

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
The DVR fee you're paying for the R15 covers the Tivo service. No change. If you don't have a phone line you will get the nag message. IIRC the phone line is only required the first time it's setup. I don't think it's required for reactivation but I could be wrong on that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.