DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain how the 3 LNB DTV dish works?
I am currently on E* and want to switch to D* come Dec. when my yearly contract expires. I want two DTivo2's to start and the oval dish. I will eventually want to add an HD tuner, so I will need access to the 110 sat , if they move some HD to 110.

My current setup has the dish on the roof with only 2 lines run to the util closet in the basement and then to various rooms. So my concern is that I only have these two lines to works with. Can I access all 3 sats, using the sat-c kit and use a multiswitch inside the house to then run to the DTivos? Are there different dishs, those that have internal multiswitches and those that don't. I'd also like a multiswitch that can accept ant and/or cable and then use diplexers at the DTivos to seperate the signals.

Oh, and then the $64 question.... what will happen post merger, which slots will Echo/Direct use, etc.

Let me know what you think is the best setup.

thanks

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I could run two more cables I would, but it's darn near impossible. Dish is outside on roof (2 story + basment) , two existing wires go thru attic to center of house then down to the util closet in basment. All this was done when the house was built. I could be wrong, but I don't think I can retro two more wires along this path, hence my interest in using an external switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.