DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until 4 days ago, I had no problems with my apps (weather, sports, etc.). On my mini genie everything works great and I get all my apps, but on my HDDVR from directv they quit working for me. I'm sure its nothing to do with my remote, but think it may be something to do with my receiver.
Any suggestions would help! Thanks!

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
JimmyKat said:
Up until 4 days ago, I had no problems with my apps (weather, sports, etc.). On my mini genie everything works great and I get all my apps, but on my HDDVR from directv they quit working for me. I'm sure its nothing to do with my remote, but think it may be something to do with my receiver.
Any suggestions would help! Thanks!
First thing to try is to reset the receiver.
Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Reset, choose the one that says Restart the Receiver.
It might take a few hours for them to start working after the reset.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Noticed the weather apps - is now missing from the line up ? After a rec reset - go into the menu- setting- network - system services- and do a start from there- that will get the apps to work. within a couple of hours

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
JimmyKat said:
Jimmy57 & WestDC THANKS for the help in getting my apps working again, it worked! HDDVR working like it suppose to now.
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
You are welcome.
Thanks for the update.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Some folks are reporting is back

·
AllStar
73 Posts
I had some problems and thought it was the remote so I called tech support for that. They thought it was remote too so they sent me a new remote for free(have protection plan). It turned out it wasn't the remote so I got a new remote when I didn't need one. I still use it but this was a case where I wasn't trying to get something for nothing. I honestly thought my remote had some problems. Apps wouldn't come up and when I hit the guide I could not exit. After doing a reset it worked but of course I had already called tech support and they had agreed to send the new remote. So I know have three remotes and two receivers. Oh well, I have a spare that can be used if one goes haywire,

·
Legend
264 Posts
paulsonj72 said:
I had some problems and thought it was the remote so I called tech support for that. They thought it was remote too so they sent me a new remote for free(have protection plan). It turned out it wasn't the remote so I got a new remote when I didn't need one. I still use it but this was a case where I wasn't trying to get something for nothing. I honestly thought my remote had some problems. Apps wouldn't come up and when I hit the guide I could not exit. After doing a reset it worked but of course I had already called tech support and they had agreed to send the new remote. So I know have three remotes and two receivers. Oh well, I have a spare that can be used if one goes haywire,
New remotes with free shipping on Ebay go for $2 each, I buy 5 piece lots for $10-12. So it probably costs DTV about 50 cents, so don't sweat it, your gain......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.