DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see people with DTV dishes on their RVs etc that they bring with them. If I have an extra dish is it ok to leave a receiver at the cabin and use it there? Any issues with DTV if doing this? I have an extra HDVR2 Tivo receiver that I could activate and leave there.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
rrwantr said:
I see people with DTV dishes on their RVs etc that they bring with them. If I have an extra dish is it ok to leave a receiver at the cabin and use it there? Any issues with DTV if doing this? I have an extra HDVR2 Tivo receiver that I could activate and leave there.
Read the service agreement and do as you please just don't get caught seeing you are violating the terms:) .

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
Read the service agreement and do as you please just don't get caught seeing you are violating the terms:) .
I don't have it handy...what's it say? You can't use it in a RV cabin etc??? How would they "catch" it if it's a violation? Why would it be a violation? No phone connection etc...

Edit: Well did a different search and found some info..thanks

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Technically if you leave it at the cabin it is a violation of the service agreement. In the real world people do it all the time. I did it for many years until they got locals at the lake. I then got a second account.

As long as you are really only watching it at one place at a time, it is not a big deal. The less infringing option is to take it with you when you go.

·
Godfather
532 Posts
rrwantr said:
I have an extra dish and I take a receiver with me. That way I don't have to pay for two receivers when I am only using one. A while back I asked DTV if this was okay and I was told it was. Anyhow, they really don't know where the receiver is.

Actually paying for a receiver registered to one address but located at another could be a violation. OTOH, they are getting extra money so maybe they won't care. At any rate, they don't really know where it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.