DBSTalk Forum banner

DTV DVRs....setting on reset not sticking

638 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
DBSTalk is great and I know DTV works the Forum to add features and fixes.
This is one that has bugged me FOREVER.
Clearly the various DVRs have non-volatile memory that the user config is kept in....else a power outage or reset would clear everything you have each time.

So, one of these settings that DOES clear each time is Playlist Order.
I personally like the sorted by A-Z order.....of course not the default.
However, this is never retained.
Am I doing something wrong ?
.....or is this a simple retention feature/setting that DTV has overlooked ?
IMHO needs to be changed.......hope it happens.....should be simple enough.

#2 ·
First time I've seen a post about this. Most of us, I'm pretty sure, like the flexibility the various search options give us. I like the default setting myself. I do use the function to sort thru my rather large Playlist from time to time, but the default setting is fine with me.

Rich

#4 ·
Rich said:
First time I've seen a post about this. Most of us, I'm pretty sure, like the flexibility the various search options give us. I like the default setting myself. I do use the function to sort thru my rather large Playlist from time to time, but the default setting is fine with me.

Rich
I like all the settings too.......BUT...would like the one I choose to remain....even after a reboot.....it does not.
If you are using the default then you would not be aware is does not "stick"/keep the setting.

I wonder if DTV developers are even aware of this ?
Any way to tell them ?

#6 ·
thekochs said:
I like all the settings too.......BUT...would like the one I choose to remain....even after a reboot.....it does not.
If you are using the default then you would not be aware is does not "stick"/keep the setting.

I wonder if DTV developers are even aware of this ?
Any way to tell them ?
I'm well aware of the searching abilities provided in that little dialog box, I just prefer the default setting most of the time. With a Playlist as large as mine, I use the the options frequently. I kinda doubt if the developers care about not being able to lock into one method. We're lucky we have something to use to search quickly thru the Playlists.

Rich

#7 ·
Rich said:
I kinda doubt if the developers care about not being able to lock into one method. We're lucky we have something to use to search quickly thru the Playlists.

Rich
I would bet they don't even know this does not stick.....would be a very easy thing for them to change.....it is just where they store the info in memory.
I'd hoped this Forum is avenue to let them know about items that would improve the user experience.....this is very simple thing to fix that is a PITA.

#8 ·
thekochs said:
I would bet they don't even know this does not stick.....would be a very easy thing for them to change.....it is just where they store the info in memory.
I'd hoped this Forum is avenue to let them know about items that would improve the user experience.....this is very simple thing to fix that is a PITA.
Kinda like the To Do list button that disappeared years ago. They don't care about that either and I know they're aware of it. It would be nice to have a toggle built into the dialog box that would lock your preference in, but I really doubt that one person complaining about it is gonna change things. Not that there's anything wrong with complaining.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.