DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem 1: Recently I changed from DSL to Uverse Internet and doubled my speed from 6 to 12 Mbps. Uverse requires a 2 Wire Gateway which replaced my modem and e4200 Cisco router. Since the change, I occasionally get a "network responding too slowly" message when I try to watch live tv on my iPad using DTV Everywhere. I have tried disabling the wireless on the gateway and using the E4200 as a wireless access point and get the same message. AT&T replaced the gateway (3600 HGV) today so I enabled the wireless on it and disconnected the E4200. I still have the same error occasionally. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. My HR21 and 22 are connected to my router via a wired Cisco workgroup box. This is the unsupported network method but always worked flawlessly before Uverse. Also, I have had no problems with On Demand programming or watching programming from either DVR on the other DVR.

Problem 2: DTV Everywhere has never worked on my iPhone 4s. I always get an error saying something about DTV experiencing an internal server error and to try again later.

·
Legend
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. The problem (1) occurs one or two times per day but only when I a logging into the app for the first time since closing it out. It will normally work when I select the channel to watch the 2nd time. Having said that, yesterday I had to select CNN 8 times in a row before it would work. When I run a speed test, it shows my network is running at near the max speed I pay for (11+ Mbps on a plan offering up to 12). This is the same if I run it from my wired computer or the iPad.

·
Legend
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"wahooq" said:
What model is the router i seem to recall an issue with firmware
in a particular two wire router...cant remmeber what model illm have to check back on that
Both the first and the replacement gateway are the same, model 3600hgv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.