DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,930 Posts
jlab13 said:
I was wondering if anyone new if DTV tech support was 24hrs. I'm part of their "A" list, whatever the [email protected]@ that means. I have to activate my HR20 tonight, and was wondering how late they'll be open to do this.
They're up all night to do remote configuration (including activation) and the like.

·
Banned
614 Posts
jlab13 said:
I was wondering if anyone new if DTV tech support was 24hrs. I'm part of their "A" list, whatever the [email protected]@ that means. I have to activate my HR20 tonight, and was wondering how late they'll be open to do this.

THX!
You don't have to call tech support to activate equipment. If you call retention, it's quicker and they are capable of activating your HR20.

·
Godfather
296 Posts
Do remember a couple of things about people that end up working the odd shifts.

- a few are really good and just like to work strange hours.
- the best people usually get the best shifts, the shifts they want.
so what you get a 3am for the most part are the people willing to work those hours or can't get anything better. so don't expect a whole lot.

atleast this was always the case the places i worked.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
thumperr said:
Do remember a couple of things about people that end up working the odd shifts.

- a few are really good and just like to work strange hours.
- the best people usually get the best shifts, the shifts they want.
so what you get a 3am for the most part are the people willing to work those hours or can't get anything better. so don't expect a whole lot.

atleast this was always the case the places i worked.
Hey, be nice. I work from 12AM to 8AM and have been doing it for 10 years. Why? Two reasons. Number one is they pay. I get an extra 9.5% for working graveyard. Number two is it is less stressful, at least for me. I only have one fore worker that tells me what to do and none of the managers are around to look over your shoulder. So I guess I fall into category number 1 in your response.:D

·
Legend
228 Posts
bonscott87 said:
That's one reason they outsource to India, no graveyard shifts to deal with.
Another is that it costs about 1/4 of what it does in the US........

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
bonscott87 said:
With DTV if you call off-hours you're most likely going to get India. I highly doubt they have any call centers in the US open overnight although they might have one. That's one reason they outsource to India, no graveyard shifts to deal with.
I've spoken with US call centers each time I have called late at night. All of their call centers are 24/7 I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.