DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Godfather
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw DTV is looking to supply TNF to bars and restaurants who aren't capable of streaming. this would also seem possible for whomever buys ST after this season to let DTV continue to do so for regular season games. it does NOT seem possible for me to stream 8-10 games at a time and continue on what i have built for sundays. i have wondered if i had a friend at DTV who could look at making my account a "business" account to continue receiving ST beyond 2023. is the equipment the same? do i have to register a business / LLC? pay per seat costs? what lengths does one go?

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
i saw DTV is looking to supply TNF to bars and restaurants who aren't capable of streaming. this would also seem possible for whomever buys ST after this season to let DTV continue to do so for regular season games. it does NOT seem possible for me to stream 8-10 games at a time and continue on what i have built for sundays. i have wondered if i had a friend at DTV who could look at making my account a "business" account to continue receiving ST beyond 2023. is the equipment the same? do i have to register a business / LLC? pay per seat costs? what lengths does one go?
Even if you could, the cheapest NFLST package for business (bars with a capacity under 100 people) is over $1000.

And you can't get certain channels like HBO or other movie channels that are permitted for public viewing.

Its possible they will be able to keep selling it to regular satellite customers, at a price higher than the streaming price, along with the commercial rights. No point in worrying about it until the deal is announced and Directv has had a chance to work out a deal with the winner...or not.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,987 Posts
I'd concentrate on improving your broadband situation until more details become available. DIRECTV DBS doesn't look all that promising.

·
AllStar
128 Posts
Cheapest way would be a small private office account, DirecTV isn’t going to care. They will take the $$$

Now it’s definitely possible small offices won’t be able to order NFL ST next season or TNF this season. You can order ESPN+ as a example so might be possible. Granted this is going to cost you a lot more. ST is $595 but would be free the first year as a “new” business customer. But nothing is certain for next season.

Has info / prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Icon
1,704 Posts
Cheapest way would be a small private office account, DirecTV isn’t going to care. They will take the $$$

Has info / prices.

If the tech does his job right he would not install a business account in a residential setting. Goes against TOS.

·
AllStar
128 Posts
I use to have my own private office but ended up getting rid of it and had roughly 7 months left on the DirecTV contract. The CSR and tech had no issues installing it at my house. Technically it was my “office” at my house. Of course when contract was up I cancelled and have residential service now.

·
Icon
1,704 Posts
I use to have my own private office but ended up getting rid of it and had roughly 7 months left on the DirecTV contract. The CSR and tech had no issues installing it at my house. Technically it was my “office” at my house. Of course when contract was up I cancelled and have residential service now.

If it went in a private office that would qualify for a business account. If you tried to put one in your living room and bedroom as well it wouldn’t.

·
Super Moderator
53,724 Posts
If it went in a private office that would qualify for a business account. If you tried to put one in your living room and bedroom as well it wouldn’t.
What if you were a prostitute? Could you qualify for a hospitality account? :)

·
Mentor
528 Posts
I'm being nosy, but after seeing the JPEG in your signature of your setup, what does your basement setup look like with the multiple screens?

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
I don't see why Directv would prevent you from establishing a commercial public viewing account at your home if you wanted to. Why should they stop someone from paying more money to watch Directv at home?

But given that you'd have to pay something like $1500 for NFLST at the minimum price for public viewing accounts with fire occupancy of less than 50 people, not be able to get some channels you may want (like any of the movie channels) and could not have any DVRs, it probably isn't a solution you'd want even if you could get it.

No point in worrying about this until all the details are figured out - not just who gets the NFLST contract but whether Directv will be able to sublicense it and in what circumstances. There's a chance (small, but not zero) they might negotiate for and receive from the new rights holder the ability to keep selling NFLST to past but not new subscribers, though the price would probably go up. The timeline for early renewals of NFLST for commercial accounts has always been early May, so that's the latest timeframe I'd expect to see Directv announce something if there is something to announce.

·
Super Moderator
53,724 Posts
It was a joke ... but hotel rates are based on the number of rooms, not FCO. If one could actually get DIRECTV to serve your "one room hotel" you might actually save money, although restrictions always apply.

One note from the terms for hotels: "Subscription will automatically continue in the 2nd year at a special renewal rate of $99 and renew at regular rate thereafter provided that DIRECTV still carries these services at the time of renewal and unless customer calls 1.888.xxx.xxxx to cancel prior to start of the season. Subscription cannot be canceled (in part or in whole) after the start of the season and subscription fees cannot be refunded." Emphasis added.

(Hospitality "solely includes hotels, motels, resorts, inns, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living and long term care facilities, medical and dialysis clinics, college or university dormitories or eligible student housing, marinas, camp grounds, RV Parks, prisons and correctional facilities.")

1 - 14 of 14 Posts