DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both an HR22 and R22 DVR. My remote problem is that when I hit the button (on either remote) to do the 30 sec. skip, 9 out of 10 times it will skip 2-3 times vice the 1 time that I want. I have tried to tap the button as quick as possible, with no good results.
I was wondering if, say, a Harmony 880 or any other Harmony would work better? Am getting tired of getting half way thru a recorded program, hitting the 30 sec skip and it goes to the end. Have tried new batteries, resetting the receiver to no avail.
Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated.
Tks

·
Icon
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mdavej,
You got me there. How would I know if it is set to "slip" or "skip" (sri for being stupid here).
Tks

·
Lifetime Achiever
10,453 Posts
usnret said:
mdavej,
You got me there. How would I know if it is set to "slip" or "skip" (sri for being stupid here).
Tks
If you haven't changed it, then it is on "slip"... meaning you see frames flash by as it does its advance. On "skip", it would just instantaneously jump 30 seconds. You can activate skip by doing a keyword search for "30SKIP"... and you can put it back by doing a keyword search for "30SLIP"...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,401 Posts
dennisj00 said:
And I don't think the mode (slip or skip) will affect the remote performance. . .
It's not the remote. It's how the receiver responds (or doesn't respond) to it. There was a poll HERE about this very issue a couple of weeks ago. Nobody in slip mode had any problems. Many in skip mode had problems whether they used RF, IR, the D* remote or a universal remote. Bottom line: skip is unreliable, slip is rock solid. I'm just sayin' ...

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
usnret said:
I have both an HR22 and R22 DVR. My remote problem is that when I hit the button (on either remote) to do the 30 sec. skip, 9 out of 10 times it will skip 2-3 times vice the 1 time that I want. I have tried to tap the button as quick as possible, with no good results.
I was wondering if, say, a Harmony 880 or any other Harmony would work better? Am getting tired of getting half way thru a recorded program, hitting the 30 sec skip and it goes to the end. Have tried new batteries, resetting the receiver to no avail.
Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated.
Tks
I have a Harmony and it does the same thing as the D* remote. Sometimes when I press Slip 1 time, it only does the command once. Other times I press it 1 time and it advance twice. And I use slip. Also, if I point the remote at the ceiling or wall and bounce the signal, I seem to have better results.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,401 Posts
RACJ2 said:
I have a Harmony and it does the same thing as the D* remote. Sometimes when I press Slip 1 time, it only does the command once. Other times I press it 1 time and it advance twice. And I use slip. Also, if I point the remote at the ceiling or wall and bounce the signal, I seem to have better results.
I have never, ever had a problem with slip using harmony or any other remote with my HR20. Maybe the problem lies in the HR22. Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you see what's being skipped as if you're fast forwarding, or does it instantly jump ahead?

FWIW, on my harmony, the speed/repeat (whatever they call it) is set to 3 and the inter-key delay is 100ms. I never have any problems using those settings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.