DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: Up until yesterday afternoon I had/thought I had DTV programming.I have been dealing with a company out of B.C.Acording to them they were raided by DTV.I find it hard to believe that DTV would raid a place that is making them(DTV) money by arranging DTV subs,in the "GREY"area.
Long story short, I would like any input on getting my DTV sub back thru a person/persons/company in Canada, if any one has any info.
Back in the 90's I was getting programming from a DTV/franchise programmer out of Houlton,Maine.I believe it/they were called Shire Town TV or Satellite,but I haven't been able to get in touch with them;probably they are long gone:mad:

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a "GREY" area where you get the DTV programming and the monthly charge actually comes off of your credit card.
The credit card statement actually says " DTV*DIRECTV SERVICE 800-347-3288 ".
This is a VISA card issued in Canada with a Canadian billing address;)

· Banned
4,253 Posts
say-what said:
You cannot legally get DirecTV in Canada
The biggest reason why I still live in this country.... :lol:

But I still love my Molson's

· Registered
5,670 Posts
Nothing grey about Canadian law - live in Canada and you can't legally subscribe to DirecTV.

http://www.smalldish.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
Attention Directv Subscribers

On June 26th, 2008, Directv raided our offices with a Court Order in hand that prevents us from assisting our customers to access Directv programming. Directv, with the authority of the Court Order, seized our Directv customer list and have begun terminating accounts. The Court Order prevented us from disclosing these events until 10 days after the fact.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Bottom line, this is an illegal and deceptive business practice in two countries. I apologize to the OP who inadvertently got caught up in it, but we cannot support this activity here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.