DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
The way that I read it was that AT&T was providing 90% of the funding. That doesn't necessarily mean that DIRECTV is putting up the money in the form of carriage fees.
Either way if that's true one can assume AT&T will cease funding it if they aren't carrying it, and losing 90% of their funding will probably mean it ends up folding.

·
Legend
387 Posts
Id be more worried about the law suits, and the billions they will lose do to slandering another company.....I mean they said everything out loud and it was broadcasted!....YIKS! Maybe ATT gets effected also?...and I see timing having no factor, but I expect the whining.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The DirecTV antenna is still on our patio roof. but we gave up the service about ten years ago and switched to Verizon FiOS to get fast internet service. We stayed with Frontier when they took over about five years ago. We do not watch any news channels after 7 pm and get most of our news from two print mainstream newspapers and local TV news.

We have never watched OAN and the last time I watched Fox News was election night 2016.

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts
I mentioned timing.
The timing was Bloomberg asked whether the channel would be renewed. Someone at DIRECTV decided to answer.

No conspiracy needed.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Either way if that's true one can assume AT&T will cease funding it if they aren't carrying it, and losing 90% of their funding will probably mean it ends up folding.
Herring Network also does have OAN on their own streaming paid service KlowdTV. I can't imagine whatever amount of people they can get to jump to that will make up for the DirecTV loss. We'll have to see if it's enough for OAN to survive or die.

Oh wait... is this how OAN might survive... is by selling way over priced Android TV boxes???

·
1,135 Posts
I will be keeping DirecTV in my 23+ year run.

Channels come and go all the time on every provider.
AGREE!!! it's amazing how many are dropping DTV on facebook over loosing OAN. they can looks like AWE is also going out the door to.. OAN can be streamed on pluto t.v. for free!!!

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts
The carriage contract for OANN included AWE. When the contract expires DIRECTV's carriage ends.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
AGREE!!! it's amazing how many are dropping DTV on facebook over loosing OAN.
If you believe everything you read on Facebook, I can point you to a number of hot news feeds on Tiktok... NOT!

Society is doomed as long as they depend on social media to digest their news for them.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
AGREE!!! it's amazing how many are dropping DTV on facebook over loosing OAN. they can looks like AWE is also going out the door to.. OAN can be streamed on pluto t.v. for free!!!
The social media posts whining about Directv dropping OAN will only guarantee no other cable/satellite company picks them up. No provider wants to put into a position where some niche channel gets to dictate terms because the provider is afraid to drop them over social media backlash. No need to worry about taking a publicity hit from dropping them if you never add them in the first place.

·
1,135 Posts
The social media posts whining about Directv dropping OAN will only guarantee no other cable/satellite company picks them up. No provider wants to put into a position where some niche channel gets to dictate terms because the provider is afraid to drop them over social media backlash. No need to worry about taking a publicity hit from dropping them if you never add them in the first place.
Agree

·
1,135 Posts
If you believe everything you read on Facebook, I can point you to a number of hot news feeds on Tiktok... NOT!

Society is doomed as long as they depend on social media to digest their news for them.
No I sent belive everything I read on social media lol. 99% od the time that's for people that ate bored lol

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
No I sent belive everything I read on social media lol. 99% od the time that's for people that ate bored lol
You appear to be putting quite a bit of stock in the Facebook feedback. A lot of it is surely idle threats.

Remember how many swore up and down that they'd leave DIRECTV the instant AT&T took over?

Reactions: compnurd
101 - 120 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.