Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you rather have?

We all know what dual live buffers are.

Remote access would give you the ability to schedule recordings from anywhere there is internet access.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
From what I recall reading, remote scheduling (most likely via D*.com) is in the works and will be implemented.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
PoitNarf said:
From what I recall reading, remote scheduling (most likely via D*.com) is in the works and will be implemented.
I read this as well. It'll be interesting to see how they implement this.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
like both, but dlb critical to my day to day enjoyment, so it wins over hands down....

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Does that survey have anything implemented to stop people from voting more than once?
yes it does.......

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Does that survey have anything implemented to stop people from voting more than once?
No, but it does make an effort to limit the amount of input from the same source. The Survey changes weekly based on some guidelines that have been posted in the HR20 Wish List Survey thread. In addition, you may change your mind over time about what is most important to you. Everyone is allowed to participate in the forum up to 4 times per day (once per six hours). If you haven't participated in a while, please do so again.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
I know a lot of sports fans love the DLB feature, but come on! You have a work around albeit somewhat of a pain. There is no work around for remote access that I know of.

·
Legend
176 Posts
Oliwa said:
I know a lot of sports fans love the DLB feature, but come on! You have a work around albeit somewhat of a pain. There is no work around for remote access that I know of.
The workaround for remote access is to schedule your recordings before you leave the house. That "workaround" is just as practical as the DLB "workaround".

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
joejhawk said:
The workaround for remote access is to schedule your recordings before you leave the house. That "workaround" is just as practical as the DLB "workaround".
Oh please. :rolleyes:

You DLB fanatics are pathetic.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
105 Posts
Jeremy W said:

That is funny. I am not sure that there are any DLB fanatics out there. I know that are people that really want the feature, but life goes on.

What gets me is that the anti-DLB people seem to be more aggressive than the DLB pepole. If you don't use it, great for you! But why do you not want it added to the box? I can understand that it is not a priority for you, but you come across as "I don't want this nasty DLB functionality to ever touch my box." It seem that somehow having a box with dual live buffers will dimish it's value. I don't get it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Jeremy W said:

Why so negative about DLB? Assuming it gets implemented it is a optional feature for you to use. What about DLB would be a negative for the user or for you? If you don't see the need to move between two buffers don't do it, I am confused by your deep animosity and anger that you would call the bulk of the user community that wants the feature fanatics and even worse you personally attack them by calling them pathetic. It is just a shame that you feel the need to name call others who would like to see some of the same basic functionality in this product as they had in D* prior DVR products.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
btmoore said:
Why so negative about DLB?
I don't care about it, and there are many things I'd rather see implemented before DLB. I am just stating my own opinion on the issue, just like everyone else.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Jeremy W said:

Fanatics? where do you see dlb lovers with no remote access avatars? come on jeremy, like the previous poster said its rational to like one feature over the other, its weird DISsing the other...........

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
jheda said:
Fanatics? where do you see dlb lovers with no remote access avatars? come on jeremy, like the previous poster said its rational to like one feature over the other, its weird DISsing the other...........
It's not like DLB and remote access are mutually exclusive. I am just against DLB, because I'd rather see everything else come first.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.