DBSTalk Forum banner

Dual Live Buffers Vs. Remote Access

  • Dual Live Buffers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remote Access

    Votes: 140 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
I used to want DLB a lot more than I do now. My wife used it for kids programming for my daughter a lot more than we ever did for ourselves. DLB are great if you are forced to watch Live TV. Since I got my HR20 I would say that has been about 4 or 5 times total. I still have my Tivo R10 upstaris and can not rememebr the last time I used DLB on it. If I had it back on the HR20 I would more than likely use it but at this point anything to do with the network features interests me more.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
jeremy if hr2o gets dlb ill buy you a sling box for your bday......but i cant buy dlb...amazing during baseball season watching 2 games at once....
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I don't care about it, and there are many things I'd rather see implemented before DLB. I am just stating my own opinion on the issue, just like everyone else.
Unlike everyone else you decided to call us pathetic because you did not agree with the opinion.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
poll results.......dlb #1, remote #16, the masses have spoken
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
271 Posts
Jeremy W said:
REMOTE ACCESS!!!!!!

F DLB!
:nono2:

BUY A SLING BOX ! http://www.slingmedia.com/indexa.php

My two previous generations of D*TV DVR's have never had remote access, but have always have had DLB!

I watch TV at home. If your boss is willing to pay you to watch it by remote then drop the $$$ and get a sling box or put it on your company card.

For those of us who want to watch two or three things at the time and have the mental capacity to do so then let us get our DLB back!
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
28,939 Posts
vs


Hey, I'm in the DLB camp and don't even care if there is remote access or not (I have a SlingBox.) But, if Remote Access comes first I certainly won't cry. I do want my DLB, though :) .

Like your Avatar Jeremy - but I don't agree with you.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
304 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Yeah, well mine did.
Having a bad day Jeremy W? Good grief - made your own anti-DLB avatar and everything... thats commitment - a little silly, but committed none the less.
I can't wait for DLB. I've had DLB since I first got D* back in '02 with my first DVR DSR6000, and then with my HR10-250. I had remote access to my DTivo's b/c I hacked both and had network access - although I didn't use it very much, but having the ability was cool. But, DLB's I used everyday on both boxes - very, very useful to me, ecspecially during football season.
I'm all for DLB, but do we really need another poll?

Happy Holidays..
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
This post is right at Jeremy because I'm a little amazed that he is jumping on the ANTI-DLB bandwagon. (or rather starting it).

This is not a flame. If it comes off that way, flame me, and I will try to restate myself.

Why would we want to limit this box? Just because remote scheduling is WAY down on my list of priorities, that doesn't mean I'm going to start lobbying D* and this board to go against it.

Any new feature is a bonus for everyone. I know YOU want remote scheduling, so why would I lobby everyone to be against it? I will support D* getting it, just like I supported OTA, though I really don't NEED it.

This board has been successful because we have come together (yeah - like the song). Let's not divide.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
13,447 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
Why would we want to limit this box?
I don't want to limit the box. Once DirecTV has added all of the features I want to see in the HR20, then I will have no problem with them adding DLB. But for now, every developer they have working on DLB (if there are any) is a developer that isn't being used to add a feature that I actually care about. So I'm not really saying that I don't want to ever see DLB on the HR20, I just don't want DirecTV to spend their time on it right now. I'd rather see them focus on other things.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
I for one think Jeremy's avatar is pretty funny.

I am definitely not against DLB, but I'm with Jeremy because there are features I would like to see added first. D* activating the Ethernet port brings a tons of cool things I'd like to see this thing do.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I don't want to limit the box. Once DirecTV has added all of the features I want to see in the HR20, then I will have no problem with them adding DLB. But for now, every developer they have working on DLB (if there are any) is a developer that isn't being used to add a feature that I actually care about. So I'm not really saying that I don't want to ever see DLB on the HR20, I just don't want DirecTV to spend their time on it right now. I'd rather see them focus on other things.
New avatar recommendation.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
764 Posts
Oliwa said:
I know a lot of sports fans love the DLB feature, but come on! You have a work around albeit somewhat of a pain. There is no work around for remote access that I know of.
I used DLB far more on regular tv than I do football or baseball. Watch one show, when its commercial comes on, pause, go to another show. Vice versa.

More signifcaintly than that though, to me is the ability to change channels and not lose the buffer from the previous one,,,by pushing that Live TV button (Tivo) to toggle between the two tuners. You cannot do that with the HR 20 and I really miss that and think its unreal that they did not design that into it. Give us 45 mins of each one instead of 90 on just one.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
HolmesCo said:
I used DLB far more on regular tv than I do football or baseball. Watch one show, when its commercial comes on, pause, go to another show. Vice versa.

More signifcaintly than that though, to me is the ability to change channels and not lose the buffer from the previous one,,,by pushing that Live TV button (Tivo) to toggle between the two tuners. You cannot do that with the HR 20 and I really miss that and think its unreal that they did not design that into it. Give us 45 mins of each one instead of 90 on just one.
here here
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
105 Posts
btmoore... you win! That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

BTW, I voted for DLB. I can see how remote access would be useful to some people. But it is something that I would rarely use if ever.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
13,447 Posts
btmoore said:
New avatar recommendation.
Well, it IS all about me. DirecTV is the one who has to worry about pleasing all of their customers, not me. I really don't give two craps if everyone is satisfied with the HR20. All that matters to me is that I'm happy with it. I'd prefer it if the feature's that I want to see would come first, as would everyone else on this board. I just have to be more vocal about my opinion to be heard over the masses shouting the opposite.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Well, it IS all about me. DirecTV is the one who has to worry about pleasing all of their customers, not me. I really don't give two craps if everyone is satisfied with the HR20. All that matters to me is that I'm happy with it. I'd prefer it if the feature's that I want to see would come first, as would everyone else on this board. I just have to be more vocal about my opinion to be heard over the masses shouting the opposite.
Yeah - but being vocal and being negative are two different things. You seem to be coming down on those of us that want DLB, just because we don't want what you do. I think that is the point some of us might be trying to make.
 
21 - 40 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top