• Remote Access

Votes: 140 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
I am really starting to like the 90 min buffer... so if/when it goes for DBL I will be sad, and I will get over it but I do enjoy it at the present. Needless to say I am starting to hope they keep it as one larger buffer.

MJB *ducks and runs for cover* :)

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
You seem to be coming down on those of us that want DLB, just because we don't want what you do. I think that is the point some of us might be trying to make.
I apologize if you see it that way. I am just trying to balance things out. The "pathetic" comment earlier may have been a little over the top, but the post I quoted really pissed me off.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
btmoore said:
This is something I think we all can agree that you believe.
Give me a break, don't act like everyone else on this board is concerned with making everyone happy. They all want to see their pet features get added before the stuff they don't care about. That's human nature, so get over yourself.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
btmoore said:
New avatar recommendation.
ROFL !

BT chucks up a three...... IT IS GOOD !

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Give me a break, don't act like everyone else on this board is concerned with making everyone happy. They all want to see their pet features get added before the stuff they don't care about. That's human nature, so get over yourself.
First he apologizes for an 'over the top' comment, then follows through with "so get over yourself".

Classic. :nono2:

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Slinbox is more than just a work-around! For someone who does a lot of traveling, this is a perfect solution. I was about to cancel my DTV when I found out about the slingbox. I decided to upgrade to HD DVR and also buy a slingbox. Now I will be able to update my new HD DVR as well as watch any of my shows anywhere in the world, right on my computer with a broadband connection.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Come on guys, Jeremy's vocal but he's doesn't seem like a bad person. I give him kudos for speaking out, but I would rather see more pro-remote access banter than anti-DLB comments. Let's at least be fair to his position even if we don't agree with him.

·
Icon
764 Posts
brott said:
Come on guys, Jeremy's vocal but he's doesn't seem like a bad person. I give him kudos for speaking out, but I would rather see more pro-remote access banter than anti-DLB comments. Let's at least be fair to his position even if we don't agree with him.
Yup! I am all for BOTH! and SOON. DLB just seems a more wide spectrum change, encompasses all your viewing time, vs the convenience and admittelly really cool thing to be able to program your box while at a friends house or internet cafe etc.

I'd love them both, but we have neither. :( But I feel pretty confident we will have both before too much longer. D* does seem to listen and I am grateful for that. But I guess they should listen, wouldn't make much sense for any business not to listen to customers

Nothing ever moves as fast as we want I guess.

·
AllStar
81 Posts
BillyBob_jcv said:
I don't need remote access - DLB is much more useful.

MRV between units (like on my hacked dtivos) - THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!
Oooo, that's a tough one. I don't need Remote Access because of Slingbox, but I'd love MRV! I still think I'd lean toward DLB.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Yeah, well mine did.
What unit did you have? Was it really D*TV with TIVO or TIVO.

·
Icon
716 Posts
Ok I would take remote access anyday over dlb haveing 2 30 min buffers is useless, now 2 90 min ones on the other hand.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,393 Posts
I'll take remote access. I would like to be able to schedule up a recording if something comes up while I'm not at home. It seems like remote access would come along quicker than dual buffers. I would like both, but I would like remote access before dual buffers. Does anyone know of a IR Blaster that can be purchased to work the hr20? I'm looking for one for orb program(kinda like slingbox but free).

·
Legend
213 Posts
I would get a lot more use out of DLB. I used this feature a lot with
Tivo watching two sporting events at the same time. I personally don't have much need for remote access but would likely use it occassionally if it was available.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
Just J said:
I only posted so I could put this cool smily back on. But some other comments...
Boo-o-o-o Jeremy. I used to respect your posts.

Who ever said that DLB meant the end of the 90 min buffer -- give us DL90minB!

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.