DBSTalk Forum banner

Dual Live Buffers Vs. Remote Access

  • Dual Live Buffers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remote Access

    Votes: 140 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
251 Posts
DLB for me, please!

And I can say that without negatively commenting on the wishes of others.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
116 Posts
These two features are so different. Why does it have to be one "vs." the other? They can give us both of them.

So I didn't vote.

If you're asking which should come first then it needs re-worded.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
Jeremy W said:
It's not like DLB and remote access are mutually exclusive. I am just against DLB, because I'd rather see everything else come first.
From the poles on this forum, it is apparent that you are in the minority. Everyone has their wants and dont wants. If DirecTV was smart, they would listen to the majority of their customer base, especialy if its adding a feature that effects only those who want it.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
I have always thought that if they did enable DLB that they would not make them both 90 minutes. I am not sure that they would have to rewduce it to 45 minutes per buffer even if they did it would be better than Tivo 30 minutes each.

richlife said:
I only posted so I could put this cool smily back on. But some other comments...
Boo-o-o-o Jeremy. I used to respect your posts.

Who ever said that DLB meant the end of the 90 min buffer -- give us DL90minB!
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
439 Posts
I can say with the UTMOST certainty that if DLB are NOT implemented by the time my two year contract is up, my first phone call will be to Verizon to get FiOS and then my second call will be to D* cancelling my service. I can't say I even come close to feeling the same way about remote access.

As for Jeremy, can anyone say TROLL???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
CousCous said:
These two features are so different. Why does it have to be one "vs." the other? They can give us both of them.

So I didn't vote.

If you're asking which should come first then it needs re-worded.
I agree, I don't understand the point of this thread.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
tiger2005 said:
I can say with the UTMOST certainty that if DLB are NOT implemented by the time my two year contract is up, my first phone call will be to Verizon to get FiOS and then my second call will be to D* cancelling my service. I can't say I even come close to feeling the same way about remote access.
What if the FIOS service doesn't have DLB? Then what are you going to do?

If you absolutely can't live without DLBs, then buy another HR20 and be done with it! You could even use PIP and watch 2 shows at the same time!
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Oliwa said:
What if the FIOS service doesn't have DLB? Then what are you going to do?

If you absolutely can't live without DLBs, then buy another HR20 and be done with it! You could even use PIP and watch 2 shows at the same time!
Really........so if prior dvrs had dual buffers, and you UPGRADED and it didtnt have this major feature, you think its the duty of the consumer to by TWO UNITS?

Come on, you dont advertise an upgraded machine and then downgrade a key feature; thats our issue here........but again based on D*s response to this board i am confident they will pull through.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
jheda said:
Really........so if prior dvrs had dual buffers, and you UPGRADED and it didtnt have this major feature, you think its the duty of the consumer to by TWO UNITS?

Come on, you dont advertise an upgraded machine and then downgrade a key feature; thats our issue here........but again based on D*s response to this board i am confident they will pull through.
Upgrade is defined as "a new version, improved model, etc"

Is this a newer model? Yes!
Does this have improvements? Yes! (HD locals to name 1)
Does "upgrade" mean you get EVERYTHING you had before? No!

Key feature depends on the individual. To me, DLB don't mean jack, but to you it's apparently a very critical feature.

I'm not saying it's the "duty" of the consumer to buy 2 units, I was just saying it was an option. I, for one, have an HR10 and an HR20 hooked up and both are recording the same shows. I do this because the HR20 is 100% reliable yet. I also think it's pretty neat to put both of them up on my big screen. I do this out of my own free will and do not complain about it. My point is that if it's a matter of life and death then you can figure out someway to watch 2 shows at the same time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
PoitNarf said:
I agree, I don't understand the point of this thread.
Enough is enough. Yes, you have made many poignant posts that I respect, but please do not forget yourself. YOU are not the "is this post relevant" cop. If you don't think it's relevant then don't reply to the post. In fact, when I see that you are telling us a post is not relevant, or asking why this post is even up, I'm gonna bump that post and bump that post and bump it again. GET OVER YOURSELF!!

Also, the reason the post is up and relevant, at least to the people posting, is that the features on this thing only come down the pipe from time to time. IF YOU HAD A CHOICE, which one would you like? SO SIMPLE...
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Oliwa said:
Upgrade is defined as "a new version, improved model, etc"

Is this a newer model? Yes!
Does this have improvements? Yes! (HD locals to name 1)
Does "upgrade" mean you get EVERYTHING you had before? No!

Key feature depends on the individual. To me, DLB don't mean jack, but to you it's apparently a very critical feature.

I'm not saying it's the "duty" of the consumer to buy 2 units, I was just saying it was an option. I, for one, have an HR10 and an HR20 hooked up and both are recording the same shows. I do this because the HR20 is 100% reliable yet. I also think it's pretty neat to put both of them up on my big screen. I do this out of my own free will and do not complain about it. My point is that if it's a matter of life and death then you can figure out someway to watch 2 shows at the same time.
Boy you lose to the blue jackets and you get a little tempermental eh?:lol:

Think of with center ice you are watching two playoff games at once.......it was so cool between periods and at commercials flipping back and forth.....it is what got me hooked......i understand the workarounds, but thats just what they are...yes just my opinion (although polls show i have many who agree)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
banningview said:
when I see that you are telling us a post is not relevant, or asking why this post is even up, I'm gonna bump that post and bump that post and bump it again. GET OVER YOURSELF!!
If you like posting I would HIGHLY suggest you don't do this. I would have to agree enough is enough, all os this fighting and arguing WILL stop. If users cannot get along here and act like adults then you need to find a new place to play these games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
banningview said:
Enough is enough. Yes, you have made many poignant posts that I respect, but please do not forget yourself. YOU are not the "is this post relevant" cop.
I never claimed to be.

banningview said:
If you don't think it's relevant then don't reply to the post. In fact, when I see that you are telling us a post is not relevant, or asking why this post is even up, I'm gonna bump that post and bump that post and bump it again. GET OVER YOURSELF!!
Ooooook.... ? This is the post I quoted in my reply:

CousCous said:
These two features are so different. Why does it have to be one "vs." the other? They can give us both of them.

So I didn't vote.

If you're asking which should come first then it needs re-worded.
And my reply just stated that I agreed and don't understand why the thread seems to imply that we can either have Dual Buffers or Remote Scheduling but not both. The two features are so different from each other that they would never conflict.

banningview said:
Also, the reason the post is up and relevant, at least to the people posting, is that the features on this thing only come down the pipe from time to time. IF YOU HAD A CHOICE, which one would you like? SO SIMPLE...
I'm just trying to help keep the forum free of some clutter. There are plenty of duplicate threads roaming around here.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
26 Posts
I have to say that I would rather hit the red reset button EVERY DAY and have my DLB back rather than have any other fixes as a priority.

HOWEVER

I will not bash anyone on this board for wanting other fixes before DLB. THAT WOULD BE PATHETIC.

DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!!
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
disneyfreak said:
I have to say that I would rather hit the red reset button EVERY DAY and have my DLB back rather than have any other fixes as a priority.

HOWEVER

I will not bash anyone on this board for wanting other fixes before DLB. THAT WOULD BE PATHETIC.

DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!! DLB!!! DLB!!!!
agreed - example; OTA was critical to many and am excited that feature is being worked on before DLB, despite no personal need for ota
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
jheda said:
Boy you lose to the blue jackets and you get a little tempermental eh?:lol:

Think of with center ice you are watching two playoff games at once.......it was so cool between periods and at commercials flipping back and forth.....it is what got me hooked......i understand the workarounds, but thats just what they are...yes just my opinion (although polls show i have many who agree)
That reference to the Blue Jackets was hitting below the belt! ;)
 
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top