DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Mentor
40 Posts
Leftcoastdave said:
I use the HR20-700 dual output capability daily in my setup and it is a vast improvement over the need to manually switch between 1080i and 480i on the HR10-250.

I send the component video outputs directly to my Sony SXRD in the main viewing room and the Composite Video/Audio outputs to a Channel Vision modulator which in turn broadcasts the 480i signal thruout the house on channel 50.

I recently replaced my 4:3 remote TV's in the kitchen and bedrooms with 19" Samsung LNS1951W HDTV's in order to view the output in widescreen mode. I must say from 5 to 6 feet or more distance the picture on the Samsung is so good you would swear you were looking at HDTV, not 480i widescreen.

I broadcast the signals from my two HR10-250's on channels 60 and 70 respectively but as mentioned above I must downrez from 1080i to 480i manually if I want to see the signal outside the main viewing area.

Now that I have had the HR20-700 for a few weeks, I really like the capability to move from room to room watching that all important football game in multiple venues without carrying a remote control with me to flip between 1080i and 480i as one must still do with the Tivos.
This is a bit off topic, but a capability that's enabled by the dual outputs. I'm considering the Channel Vision scheme you're describing above to take the 480i output of my SD Tivo and the 480i output of my HR20 and broadcast both throughout the house to my other TVs. With this I could create a media hub so I can watch content off either hard drive in any room. How has your experience been with the Channel Vision stuff, and do you use the IR add-ons?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.