DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a HTPC. I have a dual tuner card and I want to be able to record 2 channels at 1 time, so I need 2 dish receivers. I currently have 1 dish receiver. The dish 322 has 2 tuners, but one of them runs on UHF remote and only 1 tuner has svideo output. By using 2 of the 311 tuners I can have both channels output in svideo and have both dish 311s controlled by the HTPC.

How can I hook up two 311s to my one cable? Is there another solution?

I am at a lose as how to best accomplish the above.

Thanks.

Brian

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Each receiver must have its own line. You can use the 322 by setting timers for TV2, but as you know TV2 only has composite video with stereo or RF video with mono sound.

You say your dual tuner card will record 2 channels at a time, then say you want S-video. Will it also do video capture from 2 A/V feeds?

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BobaBird said:
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Each receiver must have its own line. You can use the 322 by setting timers for TV2, but as you know TV2 only has composite video with stereo or RF video with mono sound.

You say your dual tuner card will record 2 channels at a time, then say you want S-video. Will it also do video capture from 2 A/V feeds?
Answer:

I am using the Vistaview 2020 saber so I can record 2 shows simultaneously, or watch pip.

What about the DPP44 switch. Would that allow me to put 2 311s on one cable?

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
Each receiver must have its own line. The DPP Separator can only be used in combination with a dual-tuner receiver and a DPP switch (DPP44 or DPP Twin).

There's a related thread over in the Computer and Gadgets forum -
view live E* programming on pc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.