DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 10+ year D*TV user. Several D*Tivos. Used to dual tuners. I understand there's no dual buffers, but (this may be a silly question) how do you access the dual tuners?

Nothing in manual. Tech support says it's automatic and is only for recording one shop while watching another. Is this correct? No "arrow down" or some such thing ala D*Tivo? When I hit "prev" I have no buffer at all on previous channel. Just switches channels.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
jba115 said:
I'm a 10+ year D*TV user. Several D*Tivos. Used to dual tuners. I understand there's no dual buffers, but (this may be a silly question) how do you access the dual tuners?

Nothing in manual. Tech support says it's automatic and is only for recording one shop while watching another. Is this correct? No "arrow down" or some such thing ala D*Tivo? When I hit "prev" I have no buffer at all on previous channel. Just switches channels.
The dual tuners are for recording, you can't switch between them because at this time there is no dual buffer. Supposedly D* is considering implementing dual buffers. The first program in a given time slot that you record goes to the "background" tuner. The 2nd in the same timeslot goes in the foreground tuner (and you can watch and record it at the same time, but you can't change channels because there is no 3rd tuner (duh).

·
Icon
895 Posts
There is no way to access the 2nd tuner. It just automagically works when you're recording a second program. Why would you want to access the 2nd tuner (since there are not dual buffers in the first place)?

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
What you're describing would require dual buffers. Dual tuners lets you record two different channels at the same time. In fact, if you're recording two different programs then you can switch between them via the "MyVOD List". Otherwise there's no way to toggle between both tuners because that would require buffers on each tuner.

·
Godfather
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought so. Thanks folks. Good to see D*TV tech support got it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.