DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two cables coming in from my triple LNB dish and one coming in from my OTA. I can record on the OTA and watch a directv program no problem. But if I record a directv program and try to watch another directv program, a box comes up saying both tuners are already in use, and it shows that one program being recorded and says I need to stop recording on it to watch another channel.
help please

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :welcome_s

Sounds like the HR20 either has a broken tuner or otherwise does not recognize that two tuners are hooked up for satellite feed. You might try using the signal meters on the satellite tuners to see if both report strong feeds.

And check that the cables are tight, BBCs are firmly fixed, connectors aren't loose, etc.

Good luck,
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Reboot....
So the system can re-indetify that it has two tuners.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
nsimpson21 said:
If I reboot wont I lose my 108 upgrade from last night?
No, only if you press 0 2 4 6 8 during the reboot. the software is locked in until either manually forced or a new upgrade is authorized for "automatic" download.

I've rebooted several times as part of my testing process, and all is good.
Cheers,
Tom

(Wow! Beat Earl! I didn't think that was possible) :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
nsimpson21 said:
If I reboot wont I lose my 108 upgrade from last night?
Nope... only if you attempt to force download again.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Earl's been losing his speed lately. I've beaten him a few times.
:) A little burnt out

·
Legend
200 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Ya know, I thought your icon was a bear growling; now I realize it is a bear YAWNING!:lol: :lol:

·
Mentor
40 Posts
I also have a 3 LNB dish and it seems that after taking the 108 update the 2nd tuner goes out. A reset fixes it for a period of time. I dont know if this was happening before since I had been out of town for a month and missed a few updates.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Katodude00 said:
I also have a 3 LNB dish and it seems that after taking the 108 update the 2nd tuner goes out. A reset fixes it for a period of time. I dont know if this was happening before since I had been out of town for a month and missed a few updates.
Have you tried swapping cables or removing the BBCs?
When the 2nd tuner goes out, what do the satellite signal meters say for both tuners?

Cheers,
Tom

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Burnt out from all of us, or burnt out from watching Da Bears try to cough one up to the lowly bucs. :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Sharkie_Fan said:
Burnt out from all of us, or burnt out from watching Da Bears try to cough one up to the lowly bucs. :)
He was burnt from us. Just image how he'd be if da bears had lost to the lowly bucs!

·
Mentor
40 Posts
I had removed the BBC on Tuner 2 when it started happening. Just in case I removed it on both Tuners now. The signal meters showed strong signals on both tuners. I will try swapping the cables next time it happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.