DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i did a search and i couldnt find what i was lookin for, so if this has been answered before, i am very sorry....just yell at me and it wont happen again;)

anyway, last night my Dish DVR 510 shut off by itself, so i turned it back on and when i tried to access my recorded shows, i got and error saying "error 024: data can't be accessed at this time." now, my question is, can i get the recorded info off of my DVR? or, is it gone forever?

note. i will try ANYTHING to get his info back, i have shows from over a year ago that i probably wont be able to record again....

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phew.....i unplugged it for alittle longer this time, (about 25 minutes) and it worked!! thank goodness, i was sooo scarred there for awhile. i guess now is the time to back-up all that info incase something bad happens again.

thanks.

· Legend
109 Posts
I'm glad it worked for you again I was beginning to think your harddrive went bad.I have a 510 also.So far I have never had that problem.I've had mine about 6 months.

· AllStar
62 Posts
My first 501 did that - I found out that after I powered up, if I pressed a button on the remote before the start-up note went away, I would get the same error, and I would have to unplug for a long time, then reboot pressing the on/off button on the receiver. After about the 8th time it happened, I signed up for the dish warranty program. My replacement doesn't do that any more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.