DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new member here with a question. :D

I have a DVR 522 from Dish that I've had for about 2-1/2 yrs. Just recently I've had an audio problem and I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced.

I have the 522 hooked up to 2 TV's. What happens is that after watching my main TV for awhile the audio will start to crack and pop a little. If I turn on my other TV that is hooked up to the 522 there will be no audio at all. If I rewind and fast forward on TV 2 the audio comes back on and the cracking and popping on TV 1 stops. :confused: Sometimes it will start up again after awhile, sometimes it won't.

This problem seemed to start right after the "On Demand" update.

I checked all my wiring and everything is fine. I know its not my HT setup because it doesnt do it when playing DVD's or Xbox 360.

Has anybody else experienced this problem with the 522?

Thanks!

Chris

· AllStar
188 Posts
Shortbus said:
I have a DVR 522 from Dish that I've had for about 2-1/2 yrs. Just recently I've had an audio problem and I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced.

I have the 522 hooked up to 2 TV's. What happens is that after watching my main TV for awhile the audio will start to crack and pop a little. If I turn on my other TV that is hooked up to the 522 there will be no audio at all. If I rewind and fast forward on TV 2 the audio comes back on and the cracking and popping on TV 1 stops. :confused: Sometimes it will start up again after awhile, sometimes it won't.

I checked all my wiring and everything is fine. I know its not my HT setup because it doesnt do it when playing DVD's or Xbox 360.

Thanks!

Chris
I haven't experienced the no audio problem, but the cracks and pops just started for some of our shows on our 522 at about the same time. These happen even for shows that were saved before the "On Demand" update. I can't figure out a pattern.

Neil

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I called Dish and they sent me a new box. It's doing the same thing so its obvious its a software issue. I called again they told me that there is no solution and that they will contact the engineers to try to fix it. They said to wait it out and live with it in the time being. No offer of a discount on my bill or anything. :mad:

I'm currently looking to cancel and go with Direct or Comcast.

· Icon
546 Posts
Shortbus said:

Thanks!

Chris
Same audio problem on the TV2. Once you change the channel, the audio comes back on. Started happening around the update, also.

· Icon
546 Posts
Shortbus said:

Thanks!

Chris
Same audio problem on the TV2. Once you change the channel, the audio comes back on. Started happening around the update, also. :icon_cool

· Godfather
344 Posts
I have had this problem on my 625 also. But only on TV2. Audio crack and pops for about 5 mins and then returns to normal. Also when fastforwarding or rewinding a program the audio drops out all together and I have to reboot the box..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.