DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 211k and I record a lot of old TV shows to watch later and the timer cuts off the end of the credits. Is there anyway to adjust the timer, add a minute? Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
mwdxer said:
I have a 211k and I record a lot of old TV shows to watch later and the timer cuts off the end of the credits. Is there anyway to adjust the timer, add a minute? Thanks.
Sure look for DVR Timers settings after you press the Menu button.You should be able to adjust/edit your DVR timer settings.Good Luck!

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
1,341 Posts
I actually get this pretty commonly with my 722 -- regardless of what I set the "minutes after show" value to. It just sometimes doesn't do it. Even if the other tuner isn't in use for anything (i.e. it isn't like there is a conflict that next time slot).

- John...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the only answer is to record the following TV show on the channel besides, but the program would still stop, the credits or rest of the show would be accessed at the beginning of the next program. But a clunky way to do it.

·
Godfather
376 Posts
The default for stopping for most programs you select for DVR recording is 3 minutes past the guide's posted times...you can change that (as others noted) to a larger number, but I've noticed that most programs go about 30 seconds or so past the guides end time....normally that does not effect your recording of the program because that's the time credits are rolling...

I record a lot of Investigation Discovery programs and that is the standard....I always set the recording timer to start 0 seconds early and to stop 0 seconds late...the only thing I ever miss is parts of the rolling credits...

Of course, there's always the possibility that previous programs go past their guide start/stop times that will effect your timer selections...this is especially true when live sports programs precede your chosen program to record..

·
DHMO User
1,095 Posts
mwdxer said:
I guess the only answer is to record the following TV show on the channel besides, but the program would still stop, the credits or rest of the show would be accessed at the beginning of the next program. But a clunky way to do it.
Not only clunky, but it's possible some of the program would be lost due to the way the video buffers are flushed and the time it takes to start the next recording. That might be a small price to pay to see the end of the program.

·
Godfather
376 Posts
Pressing the DVR button 3 times brings up your daily scheduled recordings...on the right side of that screen select "Timers", then select any timer from the left pane and then select "Options" from the right side of that screen..that brings up the "Recording Preferences" for that timer....you can then set the timer options from the left side to what ever you want...you can change settings for just that one timer or set your new settings as your "System Default"...

If you go through each of your timers like noted above you can set individual timers to different Recording Preferences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.