DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I think this may have been sent to your reciever in error, but it shouldn't hurt you. As far as I know, 0x256 is not a national release.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
...update: 0x0256 is a very limited national release for some markets. It is functionally identical to 0x0255 but contains very minor fixes for R22 receivers only.

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
...update: 0x0256 is a very limited national release for some markets. It is functionally identical to 0x0255 but contains very minor fixes for R22 receivers only.
Any word why HR models are receiving it? :confused:

· Banned
294 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
...update: 0x0256 is a very limited national release for some markets.
Does this have to do with LIL's? Word on the street is my market is getting HD LIL's this week.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
This was not a CE. It is being pushed to customers in particular markets (no I don't have a list yet) to address issues with R22 compatibility with locals in those markets. As HR21 receivers use the same code, it was easier to push it to every HR2x/R22 DVR in the selected markets rather than isolate individual DVRs.

As I said before, that is the only change, this is an incremental update. If you are interested in learning about the new features you'll be getting in the next national release, visit the Cutting Edge forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.