DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an hr20. I have had to reboot it 3 times in the last hour and a half. It will freeze if I am behind or watching from the list. Twice I was hitting a pause or fast forward and the screen freezes and the remote will do nothiing, the third time i was just behind live time and it froze. I had to reboot every time to get the picture back. I have been watching "live" time for about 1.5 hours and no problem. Hard drive crash??? Any help would be appreciated. I have been on hold with the tech line for 30 min and the only thing they said is send us another $200.00 and we will replace it for you. I said I didnt want to pay so they hung up on me.:mad:

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
If I were you, I would unplug the box overnight and see if it's any better tomorrow... If not, call back and speak to a different CSR... like I said, you should only have to pay 19.95 for shipping if the box is leased... unless you have the protection plan.. in which case the 19.95 would be waived as well...

Also: You could try doing a 'Reset Everything' on the box before you call for a replacement... You will lose all recordings, favorites, and settings though... but if you're going to have to swap it out, those won't matter much anyway... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.