DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Can someone please tell me honestly with DVR is better? Dish's or Directs?

Not trying to start a war, but I have not read any positive posts about either. I am guessing that most people seek out these forums to complain and look for fixes. However, it makes it impossible for a guy like me to figure out which way to go.

I currently do not have service and I need to make a decision.

I was planning on SD, but I may be tempted to a HD unit.

Thanks!!

Dave

·
Godfather
367 Posts
You ask a really tough question. And you will get an answer that will vary by each brand because of brand loyalty. Each DVR has it good points and bad points. On the whole both are good units. I install both Dish 625/522's and DTV R15's on a regular basis. And I see no major differences in Picture Quality. I have both at home and see no difference either. I personally prefer the Dish Network Interface (graphics, menus, guides etc), But I suspect that is because I have had Dish longer and am just used to it more. You are right that most people who post will post problems as opposed to positive things. It's human nature. My thoughts on which way you should go (Dish or DTV) is that you should base your choice on what is best for you. Which one gives you the channels and the equipment deal that suits your needs. And as far as the HD option.. If you have an HD TV go for the HD Setup.. HD is wonderful for the most part.. But the content for it is still lacking with both companies.. Dish is winning at the moment, but still not enough out there for either company to put out in the first place.. It's growing but not fast enough to suit me.

Hope this helps some

·
Legend
126 Posts
ti me if it's between the dish 625 or the direct R-15, it the r-15 everytime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.