DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just upgraded to HD and received a HD receiver but had to get on the waiting list for the the HD DVR. Can both my old and new HD receiver be hooked up to the TV at the same time? I hate to be without a DVR until they get the new ones in. Also I have a backlog of shows on my DVR currently. Once I get my new HD DVR is there anyway to transfer the programs to the new one or can they be viewed off the old without being connected to and charged by Directv. Thanks!

· Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
CouchTater said:
I have just upgraded to HD and received a HD receiver but had to get on the waiting list for the the HD DVR. Can both my old and new HD receiver be hooked up to the TV at the same time? I hate to be without a DVR until they get the new ones in. Also I have a backlog of shows on my DVR currently. Once I get my new HD DVR is there anyway to transfer the programs to the new one or can they be viewed off the old without being connected to and charged by Directv. Thanks!
If your old DVR is still active, you can connect both to the tv using different inputs on the tv. If you don't have two sat lines coming in, you will need to run an extra cable. You'll only need to connect the input to tuner 1 on your DVR (unless you want to record 2 shows at once, then you'll need both inputs connected) since you are using the HD receiver normally.

Unless things have changed recently, and I don't think they have, there currently isn't a way to transfer the recordings to the HR20 from the SD-DVR. I'm not 100% sure about this though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.