DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I have recording defaults set to keep at most 5 episodes and that 5 episodes have been recorded. Now it is time for a 6th episode to record. Will the DVR just not record the 6th episode, or will it record the 6th episode by overwriting the oldest of the 5 episodes previously recorded?

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
jdspencer said:
If none of the five have been set as Keep until I delete, then the oldest will be deleted.
the "keep until I delete" setting is useless if used in conjunction with "keep up to" settings. the "keep up to" setting takes precedence over the "keep until I delete"

mrlatte is spot on

·
Icon
1,288 Posts
MrLatte said:
I believe it will record the new one but you will lose the oldest one.
My HR20 always deleted the oldest recording, but only after it was finished recording the newest one. I could still view the oldest (6th) recording until the newest one finished recording. And if I only viewed PART of the oldest one, I'd end up with 6 recordings, even though I was set to only save 5. Apparently it wouldn't delete a partially-viewed recording. Don't know what it would do if I left things go long enough for yet another recording to be added.

Now I've had the HR20 replaced with an HR24. I haven't had the new one long enough to know how it one handles such things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.