DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been recording 2 programs starting at the same time. I cannot watch a live third program. I am being prompted to stop one of the recordings.

Is this normal? or is something wrong with my set up? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Godfather
319 Posts
A first requirement would to select the third tuner--OTA if the other 2 are Sat, for example.
Second, you may need to select the channel through the Guide. Direct channel selection might be possible. You definitely cannot use up and down.
-Ken

·
Legend
137 Posts
aszulc said:
I have been recording 2 programs starting at the same time. I cannot watch a live third program. I am being prompted to stop one of the recordings.

Is this normal? or is something wrong with my set up? Any help would be appreciated.
It depends on which tuners you are using to record. You have two satellite tuners and one OTA tuner. You can use all three at the same time, but if you are recording two SAT programs, you can't watch another one live. You can, however, watch something that is already recorded while recording on all three tuners at the same time. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
harsh said:
Probably a safe assumption in the ViP622 Support Forum.
Except for the times when someone new wanders in and accidentally posts in the wrong forum.

Since he only mentioned recording 2 things, that is why I left the door open that maybe he had something else... since the 622 has 3 tuners (2 satellite and 1 OTA)... but maybe he just didn't know that.

Hopefully we've covered him one way or another with the different answers though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.