DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new VIP211 automatically turns itself off after a while, and leaves a Dish logo screensaver wandering around the screen. It says "Press 'select' to continue".

If you don't send it a "select" first, it won't turn the video signal on and it won't change channels. I have already turned off the auto-off feature in the vip211 menus and that doesn't help. It still turns itself off and starts the screensaver. Has anyone figured out a hack or a workaround?
THANKS!

·
Godfather
289 Posts
bhmorehead said:
My new VIP211 automatically turns itself off after a while, and leaves a Dish logo screensaver wandering around the screen. It says "Press 'select' to continue".

If you don't send it a "select" first, it won't turn the video signal on and it won't change channels. I have already turned off the auto-off feature in the vip211 menus and that doesn't help. It still turns itself off and starts the screensaver. Has anyone figured out a hack or a workaround?
THANKS!
Set your timers and turn it off yourself. When the timer fires, it will turn on, play the program, and turn off again.

·
5 Posts
I've got TiVo Series 2 as well. Since I'm not using the receiver timer trigger feature, I set it up to turn on a 3:30 am and turn off at 3:00 am, effectively running 23 1/2 hrs per day. Pick a channel, any channel to have the timer turn on :)

·
5 Posts
dnman said:
No. There is no need to mess with the timers. You need to go to System Setup -> Installation -> Inactivity/Power Off. That will shut off the screen saver.
Actually, this didn't work for me. The screensaver still came on, so I did both (inactivity) plus set the timers. Works like a charm..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.