DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Broadcast Engineer
4,153 Posts
I think there is a developed flaw (and by that I mean they broke something that used to work) in the last couple of up revs. Try this: go to the guide and find the next airing that should be recorded. If it has the multiple orange circled "R"s it will most likely record. If it doesn't, select it and press the record button once. If that makes the multiple R's show up, you know you have an issue, and probably the same issue many of us are pretty unhappy about.

There is no logical situation where a program in the guide that shows no "R" will show multiple "R"s after selecting and pressing the record button once, at least assuming things are working properly, which I contend they are definitely not. If it is a program not in the SL, there will be no single R or multiple R, and that's normal, and pressing record will at first place a single R there rather than the multiple R. If it is scheduled to be recorded (as a repeating program) there will be multiple Rs already, and that is normal. If it has no R's and pressing record once creates multiple Rs, that is not normal and is smoking-gun evidence that the OS has been compromised via up revs, which DTV sorely needs to fix.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.