DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my post in the computer forum is not getting any love....so I'll post it here.

Sorry if this has been posted/answered before but is there a way to take say parts of a football game recored on my DVR and sent to my iMac?

Thanks in advance......

· Registered
5,915 Posts
There is no direct transfer route. You would need to use a capture card and record the recording, and it would be in real time.

You also could opt to get a DVD recorder (works like a VCR...but with DVDs) and use that to record things off the DVR, but it will still be real time.

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
I’ve had very good luck with my ATI TV Wonder 650 capture card. I connect S-video and analog audio from the HR20 into it and use Pinnacle Studio to record. The quality doing this is much better than my Philips STB DVD recorder. I can burn to DVD or just watch using Media Share. Playback on a 1080p upconverting DVD player isn’t HD quality, but it’s darned good!

· Mentor
34 Posts
Benny Blades said:
Ok, my post in the computer forum is not getting any love....so I'll post it here.

Sorry if this has been posted/answered before but is there a way to take say parts of a football game recored on my DVR and sent to my iMac?

Thanks in advance......
I use a Slingbox and iShowU software from shinywhitebox.com; you may also want Stomp which does a nice job of compressing the video file

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
I have been using Elgato products for a few years and have been pretty happy with the software, but my EyeTV 500 OTA tuner died shortly after it was out of warranty. I use EyeTV software with both a Miglia EvolutionTV (NTSC tuner and A/V inputs) and a HDHomeRun dual OTA HD tuner. I would have bought one of the Elgato Hybrid boxes but I found the Miglia for a much better price. It compresses the video a bit more than I would like, however. EyeTV is great for recording/editing as well as watching on my Mac Mini (which is a bit underpowered for HD). I also use Elgato's EyeConnect software for sharing music, photos and video from the Mac to my DVRs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.