Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transponders 4 & 16.

These transponder have a difference of 25 points with the signal I was getting on those transponders yesterday!!!

They could be coming from E*6 but since the readings are 10 points higher than the most poweful E*6 transponder I'm convinced it is E*7.

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe people from Hawaii can offer us more details!

It is either E*7 or E*4 is dying and E*6 replaced those two transponders.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I take what I said about E7 still moving.

I got a note just a few moments ago saying that E7 would indeed be lit up today! It also said that Honolulu, Anchorage and Grand Rapids Michigan would be the first cities to go online via the spots.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
6,526 Posts
Whenver E* makes changes to the transponder assignments , I get blinkouts on my old E* 2000 receiver until I reset the power. This was happenning last night on the A&E Channel. So perhaps this was the cause.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Well E7 It is great to have you.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
How INNNNNteresting! I wonder if NASA did this at E*'s request. :)

Looking at signal strengths, everything is still the same as it was before here. TP 10 and 18 are a little low, but they always have

See ya
Tony

·
Godfather
423 Posts
If E7 is using trans. 4 and 16 it's about the same strength of E6 in Hawaii.
For comparison, using 18" dish:
Tr. 4(E7) 64
Tr. 5(E4) 71
Tr. 6(E6) 66

Tr.15(E4) 73
Tr.16(E7) 65
Tr.17(E6) 62

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Keep us informed Charles. I am sure that it will be a few days till they tune it correctly. After all publicly they said it would not be turned on till May 1st.

Keep an eye on it and let us know what improvements you see!

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Is there anything on these transponders?

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Charles, keep an eye on TP9 this is the TP for the Hawaii beam. When It goes up you will know the spot is online. Also keep an eye on TPs 1,3,5,7 as these won't be available in Hawaii.

I haven't seen any indication that the spots have been fired up yet. We all will know when they go online as none of us should receive a locked signal on all 5 spot TPs. One of my contacts have indicated that many in the middle of the beams will see signal levels from their beam in excess of 125 (guess it's time for a new signal strength meter).

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
I have the low readings on Tps. 4 and 16, as well.

It will be interesting to see how this switch plays out. The New York Nets are currently on Tp 3.

·
Godfather
423 Posts
Bryan,

Thanks for the heads-up on what to look for as far as the Hawaii spot beam is concerned.

Doesn't Echostar ususally do most of it's transponder changes on Mon nite/Tues morn?

·
3 Posts
bryan27: Congratulations on a beautiful avatar. Kol Hakavod be Am Israel Chai.

Now...
Does anyonone know...
Will E4 be substituted completely?
What CONUS TPs will be handled by E7?
Which ones are already lit up.. only 4 & 16?

What a wonderful site.

G

·
I personally talked to Charlie Ergen at Team Summit concerning Echo7 and he said that It will be operational by May 1st.

I kind of doubt that they could have the satellite up and running in 3 days :(

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Darn! I don't have a chance to look at my satellite receiver until later! But it's great to know E*7 is online. Or maybe not. Let's see. Hopeful I'll improve from my current 100-110 signals (the best I can get - I've tried everything short of a bigger DISH to get nearer to 120-125). Next question - what spots (if any) SHOULD I get a signal from here in Kalispell?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.