DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Legend/Supporter
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMEONE else must be taking them up on this offer to get the 2nd dish installed for FREE at 61.5 or 148. I just called to schedule and they will have someone at my house promptly, between 0800 and 1200...

...on Sunday September 29th. :eek:

Almost makes me grateful for the HiDef DVI/HDCP issue, since that caused me to delay my HDTV purchase anyway...so no hurry :sleeping:

· Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
I guess that's what you gotta live with if you want a free dish upgrade. September 29th is a LONG way away though.

· Hall Of Fame
1,530 Posts
I doubt that the regulators will consider such a schedule as meeting the second dish requirement.

· Legend
121 Posts
I scheduled mine about a week ago for the San Jose area and
was given a date of June 24th which I thought was absurd,
but given that EvanS was quoted September 29th, it doesn't
seem so bad anymore.

When I questioned them about that being so far out they
said something about a letter going out to all about the offer
and so many folks taking them up on it. I never got any such
letter, but they repeated their assertion several times even
though I did not contradict them.

· Welcome to Torchwood
1,602 Posts
I had mine scheduled within a few days. Unfortunately 148 is where the other Houston locals are and there is too much forest in that direction to aim a dish at it. If only the other Houston locals were at 61.5, I've got a pretty clean shot at that. :(

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
You know I was offered NEXT day installation. There must be alot of people responding to those lettters.

· AllStar
98 Posts
I called on Monday and got the choice of June 2 or sometime in August. I chose June 2 (I think they had a cancellation).
Question: Once I have this installed (Detroit) what extra will I get? Can I get the distant locals?

I never got a letter.

· Legend
121 Posts
Dish called me up a few days ago to try and talk me out of my appointment to get the 2nd dish for locals. I suggested that they were trying to get out of their FCC agreement and the person only laughed. They said they wanted to be sure I understood what I was getting, a bunch of PBS and independents and Spanish stations. I told them I still wanted it.

I wonder if the FCC knows that they are doing this. I consider it customer harrassment. It certainly goes against the spirit of the FCC agreement if not the letter.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
What switch is used for the 61.5 free dish, and how much would the sw cost if purchased serarately? 2 IRDs now, 3rd IRD planned for HD in 12-18 mos..

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Nick, with 2 receivers it would depend on what the installer had on hand and lnbs you have installed on your dish 500. If you have 2 dual lnbs, the installer could either replace your duals with a twin and cascade the 61.5 lines in with SW-21s (the wrong way), replace duals with a quad and cascade in 61.5 with 2 SW-21s (also the wrong way, but slightly better than the twin option) or replace your SW-21s with an SW-64 to bring in the 61.5 lines (the correct way). Same options basically if you have a twin LNB...

· Banned
6,970 Posts
From what I understand (and any Dish Dealers feel free to correct me) you are supposed to get a SW-64 switch. Dish is paying the installers to put in a Sw-64 not some other switch.

If you don't get a sw-64 I would call Dish Network.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.