DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the last rev caused problems for people who did not have issues previously (like me):

1. lock-ups after viewing recorded programs - forcing us to reboot.
2. Caller Id quitting.
3. Searching for Sat (though less than before)

Is there some place we can report back these issues without seeming like we are complainers?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Reporting them here is fine.

And yes, I have seen the release notes for the next version.
And some of your items are on the list.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Reporting them here is fine.

And yes, I have seen the release notes for the next version.
And some of your items are on the list.
So some of the people here are suggesting we call the CSRs and report the problems - could you check with D* and ask if they want us to do that in addition to posting them here?

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Is the problem with the HR20 "not responding" to the remote in the next upgrade ?? DTV is sending me a new HR20 becuase of this problem, and I think that its just a software issue and a new reciever will not fix this..

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Halsey101 said:
Is the problem with the HR20 "not responding" to the remote in the next upgrade ?? DTV is sending me a new HR20 becuase of this problem, and I think that its just a software issue and a new reciever will not fix this..
Do the button work on the HR20 or are they frozen also - that is what happened with mine.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Reggie3 said:
So some of the people here are suggesting we call the CSRs and report the problems - could you check with D* and ask if they want us to do that in addition to posting them here?
Posting here, is just fine with them. No need to do anything else.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Reggie3 said:
I see 2 good reasons to call D* regarding issues you might have that are also documented here.

1. This is an unofficial communication channel with D*, so if you want to make sure that your problems with your box are registered with D* you have to call in. Otherwise since your problems are not logged on your account, if you look at it from D* perspective everything is fine with you. I think this is why they guy at the advanced services group suggested that I tell people on the forum to make sure that they call in with their problems on the HR20.

2. If you think you may at some time in the future want to return the HR20 and get out of your 2 year commitment, because of the issues you are having, you might want to build a documentation trail with them.

Personally I contacted Advanced Support and reviewed and confirmed my issues as known software bugs with the HR20 and made sure that they were documented on my account. Secondly I spoke to retention and informed them of my problems, referenced my call to Advanced Support, and just told them that I wanted to protect myself and with all the issues with the HR20, I would be willing to give them some more time to fix it but if it did not look like these problems were going to be resolved I wanted to be able to terminate my agreement and return the HR20. They were very nice, they noted my account as such, they told me that they understood my frustration and they HR20 has been a bit of a problem for them. I now feel that at least I have given my interest some level of protection if D* is unable to make any significant advancement in fixing the serious defects in the HR20.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Halsey101 said:
Reggie3 said:
Do the button work on the HR20 or are they frozen also - that is what happened with mine.
It is a software issue, and a hardware replacement isn't going to ultimately fix the issue. I didn't see it specifically listed on the items, but it doesn't mean they didnt' address it.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Reggie3 said:
Yes, the buttons on the 20 are "froze" also....

Thanks for your reply Earl, thats just what I thought ....

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is a software issue, and a hardware replacement isn't going to ultimately fix the issue. I didn't see it specifically listed on the items, but it doesn't mean they didnt' address it.
Will OTA activation be in the next update Earl?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
btmccain said:
Will OTA activation be in the next update Earl?
No... unless something happens and they cancel this next build... but I doubt that is going to happen.

·
Godfather
267 Posts
Anything about random video freezes? I mentioned this in a few of my other posts, but no one has offered any suggestions on how to fix them. Basically... ever since the last time I did a cold boot of the HR20, every channel (live or recorded) has random half second freezes in the video. The sound doesn't have the problem, only the video. I can rewind it and it will be in the same place. My signal strength on all feeds is in the mid-90's and I never had the problem until this last update and the reboot of the HR20.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
g4jedi said:
Anything about random video freezes? I mentioned this in a few of my other posts, but no one has offered any suggestions on how to fix them. Basically... ever since the last time I did a cold boot of the HR20, every channel (live or recorded) has random half second freezes in the video. The sound doesn't have the problem, only the video. I can rewind it and it will be in the same place. My signal strength on all feeds is in the mid-90's and I never had the problem until this last update and the reboot of the HR20.
Nothing specific to that issue.

But if you are rewinding and they are in the EXACT same spot... that is possible something on the encoding end of the equation.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
theratpatrol said:
When will the next update be out Earl?
As of this morning... the exact time and date, hasn't been determined.

·
Godfather
267 Posts
Which means?

Earl Bonovich said:
Nothing specific to that issue.

But if you are rewinding and they are in the EXACT same spot... that is possible something on the encoding end of the equation.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
g4jedi said:
Which means?
Which means... that no amount of HR20 software updates, can compensate for a bad encoding....

I am not saying that is the issue, but there is nothing specifically listed in the next set of release notes that is targetting such a problem.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
theratpatrol said:
So downloading today then, or Wednesday?
Don't know for sure... yet, and like I have ever come out and said "when" it will happen... ;)

·
Godfather
267 Posts
You almost make it sound like a problem specific to my HR20... as if it could be a hardware problem... man, I hope that's not the issue... :confused:

Earl Bonovich said:
Which means... that no amount of HR20 software updates, can compensate for a bad encoding....

I am not saying that is the issue, but there is nothing specifically listed in the next set of release notes that is targetting such a problem.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.