DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl - as previously stated by me in several posts going back to mid-November..I continue to have Fatal Audio synic issues with the HR20..

This audio sync issues ALL appeared with the 0xE3 software update and continue today with subsequentual software updates..I have 0x10b..

With the the Dolby Digital(DD) option " On" in the setup..I do NOT get any audio output including DD output to my Pioneer VSX-49TX receiver (Optical connection) without also having to power off/on my receiver..This happens almost everytime I turn on the HR20 and my audio receiver..It does not matter what DirecTV channel I have tuned to (MPEG2 only - I do not have MPEG4 capability yet)..And after I reset my audio receiver..DD output (If available) is sync in..But I usually have to reset my audio receiver again almost every time whenever I go to another DirecTV channel that is brodcasting DD..If not DD, then the audio usually stays sync on..

...This problem does not occur with the DD option off...But I do not have any
DD or default sterero either..just mono..

...The DD option is NOT reversed as some have mentioned in other posts since I have tried the audio with DD off and do not get any DD or sterero output...

...This problem exists no matter if I have the native on or off...

...HR20 video connected via HDMI-DVI cable to Sony KDF-70XBR950..

So Earl - Why has this problem not be addressed by DirecTV..I've waited patiencely for almost 2-months without a solution and there appears none in sight..:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I have no answer for you.

I don't know if it is your Pioneer that doesn't like the DD Audio Stream, that the HR20 is pushing out. Or it is not auto detecting it in the stream.

Since the Audio Optical connection is ONE way... If you are able to reset your audio receiver, and the audio starts... then that tells me the HR20 is pushing out the DD audio stream.

Do you have another Amp to try?

·
AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
I have no answer for you.

I don't know if it is your Pioneer that doesn't like the DD Audio Stream, that the HR20 is pushing out. Or it is not auto detecting it in the stream.

Since the Audio Optical connection is ONE way... If you are able to reset your audio receiver, and the audio starts... then that tells me the HR20 is pushing out the DD audio stream.

Do you have another Amp to try?
Hi Earl..Tks for the reply..

I do not have one handy to swap out..

Is one of the problems due to the fact that my video from the HR20 to my TV is:
HR20 HDMI out to Sony DVI in..It's a special made cable with HDMI connector on one end and the DVI on the other end..

I checked Pioneer's Web site and they have no listed support issues between them and the HR20..

Any other thoughts would be appreciated..

Also - If I decide to replace my AV receiver with a new one..Has the Audio Sync issues been fixed?

Thanks,

Roy

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
could just be a bad unit. I have two different elite models both hooked up via optical(one using hdmi for video through the receiver and the other one bypasses the receiver for video) to my hr20's and no problems.
Im loving the hr20 since ota was enabled.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
I would go into my menu system with the Pioneer and see if it is set to auto detect the signal. I have problems with my Marantz every now and then and have to go to tuner and wait for sound and then back to the HR-20 input on the receiver. I have component out to the receiver and the optical to the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.