Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl,

Any idea if this feature will be made available on the HR20. It would be nice to have to pick up missing sub-channels. Thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Sure... I have an idea... but not a definitive time frame, or anything remotely like one.

It is going to be some time though, as there are some other pieces in the system that habe to be updated to properly allow, a channel with no guide data to be used in the system.

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate everything that you do for this board. I doubt there is another product out there that has this type of support. Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Sure... I have an idea... but not a definitive time frame, or anything remotely like one.

It is going to be some time though, as there are some other pieces in the system that habe to be updated to properly allow, a channel with no guide data to be used in the system.
We love you Earl. :)

·
Icon
968 Posts
the only thing that wouldn't resolve is issues where a station is broadcasting X number of subchannels, but isn't reporting the channel and/or guide data to tribine.

example: in nyc channel 33.1 is available on the HR20. when in reality there are 3 additional channels (33.2, 33.3 and 33.4). if i had the ability to scan, i could grab those additional 3 channels. i realize i wouldn't have guide data, but at least i could watch them. i have called the station and told them this and they said they would look into it.. guess its not a big problem in their minds.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
byron said:
the only thing that wouldn't resolve is issues where a station is broadcasting X number of subchannels, but isn't reporting the channel and/or guide data to tribine.

example: in nyc channel 33.1 is available on the HR20. when in reality there are 3 additional channels (33.2, 33.3 and 33.4). if i had the ability to scan, i could grab those additional 3 channels. i realize i wouldn't have guide data, but at least i could watch them. i have called the station and told them this and they said they would look into it.. guess its not a big problem in their minds.
That works. I have like:
10-1
10-2
10-3
10-4
10-4
10-5
10-6
10-7

For channel 10.

·
Icon
542 Posts
same thing here blitz for channel 10, and 2-2, and 4-2 which are 24/7 local weather channels which I really enjoy having, I have even more for other channels, pretty cool I think. I live in Sheboygan, half way between Milwaukee and Green Bay, so I am able to receive more channels because of being able to reach both markets:)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Spongeweed said:
How about just adding more DMA'S? Having the ability to add two more markets would all but eliminate the needs for a scan.. :)
No it wouldn't. I have 3 stations in my DMA that don't show up. What good is another DMA going to do me? The "scan" is the only thing that will make up for bad or missing guide data.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Why don't they do it like my old samsung reciever? It scans and then somehow figuires out the channel and adds it to the guide with complete program listings. Has worked fine from day one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.