DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl,

Just a couple of questions:

1. Minor issue, but since I have been using HDMI to DVI cable, the picture on all channels, as well as menus, is moved to the left of the screen. In pillar box, for example, I have about 8 inches of black on the right to about 3 on the left. The status bar in playback touches the left side of the screen, with several inches on the right. This is a minor issue, as using component cables corrects it, but the HDMI looks so much better. My TV has no screen position functions. Is there a setting on the HR20 I am missing?

2. Any idea if the ability to edit channels I receive is in the pipeline?

3. Last night, my HR20 was locked up again when I came home from work, but it had apparently recorded during the day. After I reset it this time, the ToDo list and guide data repopulated almost completely within a half hour. Have they done something to improve this in 0xFA?

4. Finally, I have read posts about not having enough free disk space causing problems. Does this just refer to the "available" percentage, or the part that is marked with recordings to keep? In other words, if I have 10% of my drive filled with programs marked to keep, and another 85% with programs which can be deleted when necessary by the HR20, will I still have problems, or will it figure out to delete the stuff it needs to in order to make room to function?

Thanks,
JK
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
1) There is no "position" setting in the HR20. If a reboot doesn't correct it, add your TV model to the HDMI thread.

2) No, there is going to be no "edit channels" I receive... the automated method (where it detects it based on your package subscriptions) is in the pipeline, but is going to be a while still.....

3) Not really... it could be that the guide data was being pushed more rapidly then normal, because of all the new Locals that have been added in the few days.

The "length" the HR20 takes to load the guide data, has to do with the "guide data" data stream in the sat signal.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
28,939 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
2) No, there is going to be no "edit channels" I receive... the automated method (where it detects it based on your package subscriptions) is in the pipeline, but is going to be a while still.....
This was always an issue with the DirecTiVos for sports subscriptions (among other things). Glad to hear that DirecTV has an eye on fixing the problem.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
131 Posts
islesfan said:
1. Minor issue, but since I have been using HDMI to DVI cable, the picture on all channels, as well as menus, is moved to the left of the screen. In pillar box, for example, I have about 8 inches of black on the right to about 3 on the left. The status bar in playback touches the left side of the screen, with several inches on the right. This is a minor issue, as using component cables corrects it, but the HDMI looks so much better. My TV has no screen position functions. Is there a setting on the HR20 I am missing?
What resolution are your using? I have a similar problem only when using 720p. I use HDMI to DVI also, but the problem is not unique to to the HR20. I have the same issue with my HR10, and had it with the H20. I believe it has something to do with the television and the using HDMI. See if the problem exists with the component connection. Check the other resolutions. I use 1080i only now, my television doesn't have a resolution based adjustment, just an input based adjustment, which would cause a problem with the other resolutions.

My set is a Sony GWII.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JJaret said:
What resolution are your using? I have a similar problem only when using 720p. I use HDMI to DVI also, but the problem is not unique to to the HR20. I have the same issue with my HR10, and had it with the H20. I believe it has something to do with the television and the using HDMI. See if the problem exists with the component connection. Check the other resolutions. I use 1080i only now, my television doesn't have a resolution based adjustment, just an input based adjustment, which would cause a problem with the other resolutions.
Only have 480i, 480p, and 1080i. It happens in all resolutions through the HDMI/DVI cable, but not with any other method.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brott said:
This was always an issue with the DirecTiVos for sports subscriptions (among other things). Glad to hear that DirecTV has an eye on fixing the problem.
This would still be a problem though. I mean, if I have NHL Center Ice, the channel the game will be on is not in my "subscription" until exactly game time. This is why (IMHO) the HR20 normally won't record NHL Center Ice. If they set this automatically, how will I get the HR20 to ever even try to record a hockey game?

Other than that problem, that sounds like a really great feature!
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
131 Posts
islesfan said:
Only have 480i, 480p, and 1080i. It happens in all resolutions through the HDMI/DVI cable, but not with any other method.
Try contacting Mitsubishi, maybe there is a service menu adjustment that can be made. Also you may want to search the AVSForum for info on your set and adjustments that can be made.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
gio12 said:
So your stuck going through channels you don't receive or want??
Yes and no.

If you setup your "Favorites"... Channel Up/Down will only be for those in your Favorites... as well as that is what is in the guide.

But, Search and Auto-REcords (Based on Search critiera), doesn't pay attention to Favorites lists.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top