DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Earl,

It's now December, most of us have realized that Dec. 1 was a target and not the real date. And we're up to "Very Soon" Woohoo!

But we still have the outstand question, what else besides OTA will be released. Perhaps this question will pique your humor a bit and reveal some more underneath that armor:

Will the "other stuff", the "Christmas Gift", require a major change to the user's manual, say more than 30 pages?
Or 20 pages?
Or a few pages?
Or no changes?

:)

Thanks for all the good fun and all the hard work,
Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris Blount said:
My day job is technical writing and I really wish DirecTV would hire me to re-write the manual. :)
Chris, perhaps if you published a thread here containing a suggested TOC highlighting the things you know are coming soon...:sure:

Cheers,
Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Don't you all have something better to do?

:D
Great Granddaughter is taking nap, so nope.

Reminds me of Guys and Dolls, so....before we have to tell someone Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat, I can only hope that Luck Be a Lady Tonight.

Cheers,
Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
We know the manual needs a few page changes Tonight, Tonight, Tonight (or otherwise "very soon".)

We also know from both Earl and Chris that Christmas will be very nice to us patiently awaiting the delivery "...coming in the air tonight".

Earl has confirmed that he sometimes gets release notes before the release. Perhaps even a week before.

So I ask, Earl, do you have a set of release notes that you haven't been allowed to publish yet?

Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Clint Lamor said:
I'm sitting here waiting for 20 gigs of data to finish copying from one server to another so I have nothing to do. I don't have to read between the lines of what Earl says though. :lol:
Sounds like Clint would like some threads created: "Clint, Spill the beans" and "Moratorium on Clint Bashing" :)

So, spill the beans Clint. :)

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.